DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P or M2Z Pilots, I have a request

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I am doing a lot of studying and taking some online tutorials using Lightroom. I'm looking for test photos in RAW (DNG) format. I would appreciate it if some of our Mavic 2 pilots (Either Pro or Zoom) have some un-altered RAW images that you could email me and let me practice on them. I would like to use just those images from the M2P or M2Z because I own a Zoom and hope to own a Pro. I have some practice images from the course I'm taking but I would like to see the difference between images taken with a Full Frame camera and our Mavics. PM me for an email address to send to. Thank you for your consideration.

Reactions: Drumsagard
I am doing a lot of studying and taking some online tutorials using Lightroom. I'm looking for test photos in RAW (DNG) format. I would appreciate it if some of our Mavic 2 pilots (Either Pro or Zoom) have some un-altered RAW images that you could email me and let me practice on them. I would like to use just those images from the M2P or M2Z because I own a Zoom and hope to own a Pro. I have some practice images from the course I'm taking but I would like to see the difference between images taken with a Full Frame camera and our Mavics. PM me for an email address to send to. Thank you for your consideration.
PM sent.

I might have some images that I don't intend to use. However, they're too large for email unless the resolution is reduced and, I think, that would defeat your purpose.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use your own images? You could get some shots with a full frame DSLR and some photos from the same position with your M2Z for comparison. I did that using my Nikon D810, M2Z and M2P all with the same camera settings. I just handheld the drones without activating the props. I think you'd find the results interesting.

I've been fortunate to win some local photo contests even with cropped clips from M2Z videos printed as 11 X 17 photographs. I don't fly to get photos for sale or contests, but if you take a lot of photos sometimes you get some good ones.

Good luck with Lightroom. I use Lightroom CC Classic for cataloging, but tend to use Photoshop CC for editing as I rely on selections, layers and masking. The adjustments in the Photoshop CC Camera Raw Filter are the same as the Lightroom CC adjustments. So, if you can use Lightroom CC adjustments, you've got it made with Photoshop CC Camera Raw. Also, adjustments made in Photoshop CC using adjustment layers are nondestructive.

I recently purchased instructional tutorials on Lightroom CC Classic and Photoshop CC from Creativelive done by Ben Willmore. In my opinion, he is excellent. Each tutorial is 20 hours long divided into one hour segments. I've learned from every lesson. In my case, I need to study them more than once. However, you're a good bit younger than I am, so you'd probably learn quicker.

Just have fun.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
I might have some images that I don't intend to use. However, they're too large for email unless the resolution is reduced and, I think, that would defeat your purpose.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use your own images? You could get some shots with a full frame DSLR and some photos from the same position with your M2Z for comparison. I did that using my Nikon D810, M2Z and M2P all with the same camera settings. I just handheld the drones without activating the props. I think you'd find the results interesting.

I've been fortunate to win some local photo contests even with cropped clips from M2Z videos printed as 11 X 17 photographs. I don't fly to get photos for sale or contests, but if you take a lot of photos sometimes you get some good ones.

Good luck with Lightroom. I use Lightroom CC Classic for cataloging, but tend to use Photoshop CC for editing as I rely on selections, layers and masking. The adjustments in the Photoshop CC Camera Raw Filter are the same as the Lightroom CC adjustments. So, if you can use Lightroom CC adjustments, you've got it made with Photoshop CC Camera Raw. Also, adjustments made in Photoshop CC using adjustment layers are nondestructive.

I recently purchased instructional tutorials on Lightroom CC Classic and Photoshop CC from Creativelive done by Ben Willmore. In my opinion, he is excellent. Each tutorial is 20 hours long divided into one hour segments. I've learned from every lesson. In my case, I need to study them more than once. However, you're a good bit younger than I am, so you'd probably learn quicker.

Just have fun.
Thank you for your reply. I'll answer your question as to why I don't use my own RAW images. I do have a few but the subject is a framed house from 150 feet above. I'm anxious to get out and shoot some RAW images but right now California (Where I live) is on fire. Nothing but smoke & non-breathable air. Good idea thought about taking the Zoom out and shooting a subject along side an owner of a full frame camera. I have just the person in mind for that.

I also got Photoshop along with Lightroom in a bundle but just getting used to Lightroom Classic first. I am doing tutorials by Anthony Morganti, a Pro out of Buffalo, NY. I really like his style and he is easy to follow. He has 32 Tutorials of various lengths on his Mastering LightroomClassic CC and I am only on number 8. A big plus is that he does not charge for his training. I did purchase a package of RAW images from him and a few other items that he sells that were quite inexpensive.

BTW, I was surprised to hear that I am younger than you. Are you sure you have the right guy here? :)

Jeff

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard