DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P vs. MPZ

Bear in mind that while low light photos will be better on the M2P, video will be equivalent on both- because on video - the M2P only uses a fraction of the sensor (it pixel bins/line skips/raw subsamples).
That is why its video is nowhere near as sharp as the P4P series. Quite unfortunate.

Just had a fantastic shoot yesterday using the new Zoom gimbal. I am very appreciative for the suggestions here to pick up the Zoom camera and drop it in. After a quick review in Kyno this morning, I find that the video looks a tad sharper to me that the Pro vid. And without playing with any color correction, I like the raw colors better on the Zoom. Will report more later after I edit a bit. Just wanted to give my thoughts after my first use this weekend. I haven't yet taken any stills, nor used the 48MP feature. Cheers

Reactions: CanadaDrone
My 2 cents worth . . . I own a Mavic 2 Pro & a Spark . . . both are just as easy to launch . . . & both require the same amount & time to prep or pre-flight check.

As stated previously, with the 4K capability & much larger sensor on the Pro, you can zoom in on your Pics on your PC or Mac & still retain at least the same image quality as the M2Z (for the same zoom factor). I think most people who own the Mavic 2 Zoom found the financial stretch & justification to get a Pro too much to swallow & justifiably so . . . but the Pro definitely has a much better camera for pics & video especially in low light (sunsets & sunrises which are the most spectacular times) & enables you to zoom post production, which also gives you a second chance to frame the shot better for that perfect pic without losing too much quality. So if you can afford it & don't get Buyer's Remorse over spending big on something small and aren't going to drown yourself if it takes a swim . . . I reckon go with the Pro. (I still fly VERY nervously flying over water with my Pro . . not very relaxing at all at times, and even though I have DJI cover, I know I have to be able to retrieve it (probably impossible with currents & depth) & pay even more money to have it fixed/replaced if I do) Perhaps a second hand Spark or Air might be a better choice for a first time droner that's gonna be retrieved in a Kayak. Unless money is no object of course.

Last edited:
Just had a fantastic shoot yesterday using the new Zoom gimbal. I am very appreciative for the suggestions here to pick up the Zoom camera and drop it in. After a quick review in Kyno this morning, I find that the video looks a tad sharper to me that the Pro vid. And without playing with any color correction, I like the raw colors better on the Zoom. Will report more later after I edit a bit. Just wanted to give my thoughts after my first use this weekend. I haven't yet taken any stills, nor used the 48MP feature. Cheers

RAW images actually have no pre-set colors, it's purely determined by the RAW converter :) The only difference is the Pro has a lot more colors to work with than the Zoom. If you're shooting video in 10bit Dlog-M (not available on the Zoom), it's going to look a lot more washed out by design, so that might be interpreted as having 'worse' color, but it's not actually the case. If it's the photos you're talking about, it's your RAW converter's color that you prefer rather than the drone itself.

The 48MP feature is a simple panorama, what it does is zoom to 48mm and take multiple images to stitch together one image of higher resolution with a wider FOV. You can do the same on the Pro, you just need to fly closer rather than zoom Thumbswayup

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_