DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Pro props

bburnett15

Reactions
Without visible damage (like a nick) what would be a reasonable expectation for prop life or how often should i expect to replace them?

Reactions: Droniac
there is no real set life for props ,as there are many variables that affect their ability to keep the drone aloft,as long as you check them before each flight ,then there is no reason that they could not last for a long time, things to look out for, apart from nicks ,are the lugs that lock the hub to the motor and how loose the props are where they hinge to the hub ,it might be a good idea if you are a commercial operator to have a set number of flights in your flight logs that states that you change them when, they reach say 50 flights as part of your airframe maintenance schedule
its up to you really when you change them at the end of the day

Last edited:
there is no real set life for props ,as there are many variables that affect their ability to keep the drone aloft,as long as you check them before each flight ,then there is no reason that they could not last for a long time, things to look out for, apart from nicks ,are the lugs that lock the hub to the motor and how loose the props are where they hinge to the hub ,it might be a good idea if you are a commercial operator to have a set number of flights in your flight logs that states that you change them when, they reach say 50 flights as part of your airframe maintenance schedule
its up to you really when you change them at the end of the day
OMM, when I am out, I fly 4 batteries.......I changed my props at 50 flights.....but for me that was using 50 flights on each battery.....ie 200 flights as I consider one outing a flight. As you say there is no set number but how would you count that??

WDK

Reactions: old man mavic
@WDKZoom hi fellow flyer i just used 50 as an example ,for me it would mean the number of flights ,on one full set of props, and even if only one prop got damaged or showed signs of wear,i would change out the whole set of 4 , regardless of what the props cost ,they along with the battery ,are the most important parts to keep the drone in the air ,i myself are only a recreational flyer ,but i still think that the safety of my drone is paramount, to try and minimise the chances of it falling from the sky ,dont forget that every time we take off we are doing so ,under the premise,that as far as possible the drone we are flying is airworthy and the buck stops with us as the PIC

@WDKZoom hi fellow flyer i just used 50 as an example ,for me it would mean the number of flights ,on one full set of props, and even if only one prop got damaged or showed signs of wear,i would change out the whole set of 4 , regardless of what the props cost ,they along with the battery ,are the most important parts to keep the drone in the air ,i myself are only a recreational flyer ,but i still think that the safety of my drone is paramount, to try and minimise the chances of it falling from the sky ,dont forget that every time we take off we are doing so ,under the premise,that as far as possible the drone we are flying is airworthy and the buck stops with us as the PIC
Sir Mavic about the only thing I got on the subject which has come up from year to year is Flight time and time in the sun (UV) for degradation. Also motor starts and stops, do you or do you not straighten blades or have arm start do it for you...so many factors..it's too hard to say other than being a good PIC and doing routine preflights and even weekly in depth ones. What 50 hours is for one pilot could be 20 for another, or 100 for the next guy.

Reactions: old man mavic
@Repaid1 thats basically what i said in my post #2 there are so many variables to prop life expectancy ,each person will as you say have different ideas, as to what constitutes good practice for checking and maintaining their drones ,i think by now most people know my views on flight safety, which is something i take very seriously ,as i imagine many many others on this forum do as well

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78