DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z arrived yesterday, so excited and so frustrated.

Steve M

Reactions
So excited because I have had it for 20 hours and I haven't broken anything yet. And I hope to get it working today.

So frustrated because I couldn't get it it to activate until 10.30 last night. I thought that I was going to have to buy an IOS tablet specifically for it. But last night finally I found out the settings that my Galaxy Tab 4 needed to run the go 4 app without locking up or restarting all of the time. Thanks M Singer I found one of your previous info posts on what settings it needed.

Charged everything up again and going out now to see If I can get it started now, what damage I can do, what laws I can break and how many people I can irritate. Crikey, I'm starting to wonder why I bought the thing. :oops:

Congratulations with working out the bugs with the android device, I never had luck using an android with the M1Pro poor video and lower screen was green as distances increased. Use it as long as you can, hopefully you won’t have to go with an IOS but eventually you may need to.

Distance, long flights, those are my two main reasons for getting the M2. I had to get an iPhone, don’t regret the M2 performance is amazing I can look past the extra expense of getting the iPhone.

Good luck, fly safe and enjoy this amazing drone.
Paul

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
So excited because I have had it for 20 hours and I haven't broken anything yet. And I hope to get it working today.

So frustrated because I couldn't get it it to activate until 10.30 last night. I thought that I was going to have to buy an IOS tablet specifically for it. But last night finally I found out the settings that my Galaxy Tab 4 needed to run the go 4 app without locking up or restarting all of the time. Thanks M Singer I found one of your previous info posts on what settings it needed.

Charged everything up again and going out now to see If I can get it started now, what damage I can do, what laws I can break and how many people I can irritate. Crikey, I'm starting to wonder why I bought the thing. :oops:

Actually, the darn thing is so quiet, you might not wind up disturbing many neighbors (g)

I've pruned an apple tree, a smaller shrub, mowed some grass and pruned a bathroom window - no I'm not kidding. Fortunately, the score on that one was

Bathroom window 1, Zoom 0 (and loss of one propeller)

I'll leave the legal questions to others - I retired and let my bar lapse!

Enjoy.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
Well I'm back from my first flight, it was good, in a big quiet park, no real problems.
The screen is hard to see, I didn't realize until I tried it but it doesn't even need the Tablet attached.
I unplugged it and just started and stopped and flew the drone by watching it, that was much easier.
I suppose that once I have learned to fly competently and I start learning to take pics and vids I will need a screen then, or maybe a goggles.
And it was much quieter than I had expected in the park.
Steve.

Well I'm back from my first flight, it was good, in a big quiet park, no real problems.
The screen is hard to see, I didn't realize until I tried it but it doesn't even need the Tablet attached.
I unplugged it and just started and stopped and flew the drone by watching it, that was much easier.
I suppose that once I have learned to fly competently and I start learning to take pics and vids I will need a screen then, or maybe a goggles.
And it was much quieter than I had expected in the park.
Steve.

DJI drones have flight limits when not connected to DJI GO4 apps.

Reactions: Steve M
Oh right , limits, I had not known that,
Thanks.
Nice work Slidewhizz, nice house and nice neighbourhood, how long did the clip take in post to prepare?
And something that I had not thought of before seeing your clip is that, we can be so easily identified down to our home address, should we launch from home.
I am not saying that you should be worried, but a mental note to myself to be aware of how much private information I reveal unintentionally about myself or anyone else.
Thanks guys,
Steve

Reactions: ff22
I was limited when I had to fly my P3 with just the remote because I forgot to bring the right cable.
No display on those. Very interesting. Found out I was flying lower than I thought I was, flying only by VLOS.

Thanks.
Nice work Slidewhizz, nice house and nice neighbourhood, how long did the clip take in post to prepare?
And something that I had not thought of before seeing your clip is that, we can be so easily identified down to our home address, should we launch from home.
I am not saying that you should be worried, but a mental note to myself to be aware of how much private information I reveal unintentionally about myself or anyone else.
Thanks guys,
Steve

I expected that creating a Pan from the Zoom's pan folder would strip out geo-coordinates since it was consolidating 9 images. But in fact it showed exactly where I was. And I have taken some from home - information that I really don't need to share globally. Usually, if I'm posting on the web, I re-save my file in Irfanview which can be set to remove certain exif data. Not sure what else they store in the images - are our DJI credentials in there, too? I guess I should take a peek.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Thanks guys,
Steve
hi there, noob here to, have had my zoom for a couple of weeks now and been for 6 flights.
really lovin it after a frustrating start also, just wondering, being so close to a major airport, are u in a no fly zone? I'm on the south coast and 5km from a small regional airfield, but still says no fly here.

my m2z arrived today to compliment my air I got a while back, but high winds and heavy rain came with it also,, sods law I guess

yea, that's lucky, I am right on the edge, so not to bad, just have to go 100m away to fly.
shouldn't complain, our buddy's in the U.S cant fly anywhere, they have NFZ up the wazoo.
LOL! Not THAT bad in the USA. just to many people living inside the "1 mile ring" around airports.
But hey, the cheaper lots are either there or next to railroad tracks! :D
In live in the central US, I dont know if I can even find a NFZ within 50 miles of me, save for one small airport.

LOL! Not THAT bad in the USA. just to many people living inside the "1 mile ring" around airports.
But hey, the cheaper lots are either there or next to railroad tracks! :D
In live in the central US, I dont know if I can even find a NFZ within 50 miles of me, save for one small airport.
Your very fortunate, many people cant even fly in their own back yards due to NFZ's. Im pretty lucky too, I have a nice little hole with NFZ's on all sides approximatly 4 to 5 miles away from my house, and a 3 mile long stretch of industrial areas that begins 4 houses away and on the other side of a busy 3 lane road, I usually try to fly on weekends, just because most of those businesses are not open so very few people.

Last edited:
In regards to Android, I can say I''m quite happy flying (as a newbie) my M2P with my Galaxy S9+. The screen is bright enough to fly in Phoenix sunshine and I've not really had any problems with the DJI software. I'm wanting to try my 10" Samsung tablet, to see if I like the screen size, but I know I won't like the lower brightness.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857