DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z - Best Settings

JeanVos

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I had the MP and now the Zoom. I see there are a few "Best Settings" videos for the M2 Pro already, but I could not find any for the Zoom. Lots for the Mavic Pro...

Any suggestions?

Regards

Explain please.
I went to google. I entered Mavic Zoom video settings. I copied link and posted hyperlink here.
Clever how?

I apologise . It looked like the usual response ie look in the manual etc etc but having clicked on the link I realised you were trying to be genuinely helpful. Consider my wrist slapped

Interestingly the first two entries on the list give opposite opinions! Still they are a good place to start most helpful.

After further investigation, I realize the subject matters dictates the settings especially the sharpness. Too much sharpness can produce jitter lines. So be careful with sharpness. I just shot a house and my sharpness was too high at +1 and there are jitter lines on the roof and siding. Tomorrow I shoot an event outside and I'm playing it safe with my sharpness at -1. Sharpness at +1 should only be used for scenes without thin lines.

Also, use 'Tripod mode', slows the AC down, tweak your gimbal settings and the make the sticks less sensitive... Thats what I have done, plus, just +1 sharpness the rest 0,0 in the camera settings. use either sunny or cloudy for wb, use nd to control the exposure and plan the shots

I saw some hot saturated yellow leaves in the sunlight so color -1 makes sense. Add color in post. Shadows are are dark in contrast light so save the detail at -1 contrast makes sense. Add contrast when needed in post.

I’ve seen a video where guy explains why lowering sharpness is better. To him it looked more cinematic. And I believe it’s kind of matter of personal opinion after all. Some people enjoy that 4K sharpness while others prefer old cinematic style.
I’ll try to locate that video for now this one is informative even though it’s for Air
Link

Glad I lowered the sharpness. Alot of chain fences surrounding a new park was my focal point. The footage is fantastic. No jitter lines. The 4k is amazing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph