DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z fan spinning up while sitting idle

ctaranto

Reactions
New to this forum and DJI, and have a quick question.

While playing around with the settings on the controller with the drone turned on and just sitting on an indoor table (ambient temp around 75F), after about a minute, the drone fan spins up to what sounds like full speed. The gimbal cover and props were off the drone.

I realized there's a lot of electronics in a tight space inside the M2Z, but wondering if the fan spinning up while sitting there is normal, or is this an issue that may cause future overheating?

The drone flys great for the duration of multiple batteries back to back (~25 minutes at a time), even in relatively hot/sunny weather (90F).

New to this forum and DJI, and have a quick question.

While playing around with the settings on the controller with the drone turned on and just sitting on an indoor table (ambient temp around 75F), after about a minute, the drone fan spins up to what sounds like full speed. The gimbal cover and props were off the drone.

I realized there's a lot of electronics in a tight space inside the M2Z, but wondering if the fan spinning up while sitting there is normal, or is this an issue that may cause future overheating?

The drone flys great for the duration of multiple batteries back to back (~25 minutes at a time), even in relatively hot/sunny weather (90F).
Just like your computer needs a fan to stay cool so does your Mavic

Reactions: Oneball 1971
Thanks to you both!

Interesting suggestion. I imagine that I'll be experimenting with waypoints while not flying. I'll try the fan idea (and ignore my wife laughing and shaking her head at me). :)

Reactions: ff22
I know, I see her laughing, but hey.... that's why were here....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929