DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z won’t fly forward/record with camera tilted up?

M2D2

Reactions
Hey guys, every time I fly forward with the camera tilted up from its facing straight forward, horizontal position the camera orients itself back to the horizontal position. It won’t fly or record with the camera tilted up at any angle. This happens regardless of if it’s recording or not.
Anyone else experienced this?

Hey guys, every time I fly forward with the camera tilted up from its facing straight forward, horizontal position the camera orients itself back to the horizontal position. It won’t fly or record with the camera tilted up at any angle. This happens regardless of if it’s recording or not.
Anyone else experienced this?
The camera protects itself from being damaged by hitting the top when flying forward and the gimbal approaches it’s limit.

If you think about it the gimbal can tilt up to 30 degrees above the horizon but during forward flight the aircraft can be tilted as much as 25 degrees in P mode and 35 degrees in S mode in the other direction. So the camera has to be tilted back to level. Tilting above the horizon is only advisable when the aircraft is stationary.

You can fly backward with the gimbal tilted up but take care not to brake to hard or the gimbal can be damaged because it can’t react fast enough.

Reactions: Thomas B
Great, thank you! Very logical explanation and it makes sense. I thought I’d done the tilt up fly forward manoeuvre before but obviously not. Always seems to be something new to learn with these guys ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest