DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 will not takeoff in authorized zone

Mantrain

Reactions
Hello it has come to the point where my M3 will not take off at home (which is an authorized zone) and max alt is 194' +-. I get that menu where you have to check off the three conditions, it then reads "Unlocked" and when I got to takeoff it loops again with the same popup message, I check off all three conditions again, go to takeoff and it keeps looping. I have tried unplugging the RC even several time and it just will not get past that point and no takeof is possible where I live anymore. Used to be an issue where I could turn off and back on the RC and then I would get a message about app failed, then I would know when I restart the app the M3 will takeoff. now I do not even get to that point. I started at 100% battery and am down to 88% and M3 still will not takeoff.

A few questions
1. are you connected to the internet
2. Did you get LAANC approval
3. It could be a fly app issues

I also live in an authorised zone (even though I can legally fly from my house without requiring any authorisation from CASA because I'm using a Mini 2) and I've given up using the app for authorisation. I have the same problen as you and it is very hit or miss. Now I get on my laptop and log in to DJI's FlySafe site and unlock my zone from there. I get a code via SMS and use the code to get authorisation. DJI FlySafe

Reactions: Recoveryone
As Donut mentioned. I have done the unlock thing a number of times. Best to go to flysafe on pc. It is still confusing, but essentially you have to set up a dji account (1 off) , register your drone & receiver, so keep your ser numbers handy, then request a licence for a certain time period. I may do this the day before the plan to fly. When you set up to fly, the controller app will as ask for a code, which you have to request & input within a 5 min window. Basically the process is a pain in the butt, especially when you have to wait for ½hr to receive the code, all before you take off.

The problem is my app os freezing when I click to unlock, the app goes to "checking" and freezes at that point. So i select unlock and the app freezes. How would entering a code help that?

The problem is my app os freezing when I click to unlock, the app goes to "checking" and freezes at that point. So i select unlock and the app freezes. How would entering a code help that?
Now we may be getting to a whole another matter that has nothing to do with DJI or the drone itself.
1. what phone or tablet are you using
2. what OS IOS/Android
3. which version of OS is that device running
4. can you use another device and see what happens

Reactions: Norval
I think I figured it out. There is an unlock link I needed to also select. Well I was able to take off I. I will see if there are any add'l issues. It seemed a bit confounding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair