DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 with a few issues

It seems like Amazon would order in mass quantities from DJI directly from the same warehouse or whatever that an single consumer would? Or does Amazon get DJI drones from another vendor and open every box to add additional quality control? I am just trying to get a difinitive answer to the difference between ordering a Mavic 3 from Amazon or DJI direct.
You could get the same drone wherever you buy from.
But if you walk into a shop, you can bring it home straight away, without waiting two and a half weeks (including 8 days for Fedex to get around to delivering from somewhere just an hour's drive away).

When I contact to them about the green dot in the video (lens flare) they ask me to change the SD Card.

DJI's support suggestion .... update the firmwware.
Surprisingly it made no difference.
Really !!! I am shocked at both sentences..

The first that they would offer that as a solution. However front line support would likely have no other option in your case. There is NO script that would cover your problem.

The second is that someone with your obvious experience would actually do it 😎

Just kidding 😀

Sincerely hope you get this sorted quickly and easily as the M3 is a LOT of fun.

Last edited:
First mistake was buying directly from DJI , its much smarter to purchase from Best Buy or Amazon as the quality control is much better for those products shipped out as is the Return process..

This might be the Only time I get to say you made a mistake . :p

Phantomrain.org
gear to fly your M3 in the rain.
Totally agree, I bought the RCPro direct from DJI and have had so many problems that I returned to DJI. Dealing with DJI is a pain. The time difference and the robotic responses do not help. It took me a week and a lot of emails to finally get a return/repair approval from DJI.

Had I bought from B&H or Amazon, I could have returned for immediate replacement. I will NEVER buy direct from DJI again!

DJI's support suggestion .... update the firmwware.
Surprisingly it made no difference.
This gets plenty of scorn and ridicule, and understandably so.

However, it ain't fair or realistic. Most of the time updating the firmware does solve the problem. Remember, most callers to DJI support are clueless noobs. The more sophisticated figure stuff out that the noobs call support for, and way way too often it's a missing feature or odd behavior that's resolved by current firmware.

Reactions: fiddlepilot
This gets plenty of scorn and ridicule, and understandably so.

However, it ain't fair or realistic. Most of the time updating the firmware does solve the problem. Remember, most callers to DJI support are clueless noobs. The more sophisticated figure stuff out that the noobs call support for, and way way too often it's a missing feature or odd behavior that's resolved by current firmware.
I agree. First thing I’d try.
It’s probably just a loose connector.

Looking on the bright side. It didn’t happen in mid flight.

And by the time he gets it back the famous FW update should be out.

I cant believe this has happened to you of all people @Meta4 !

That truly is a shocking collection of errors and absolutely not what you paid all those hard earned dollars for. I am sure the replacement will at the very least not display any of those issues and you can resume playing with your new and expensive toy.

Looking forward to your initial thoughts once you get a working Mavic 3 sir.

However, it ain't fair or realistic. Most of the time updating the firmware does solve the problem.
When the list of error messages clearly indicates major hardware faults and the support person won't take the issue any further until you update firmware, it's a sign that the support person is the noob in the conversation.

I thought I'd try a Mavic 3 despite my misgivings about the new model.
I hoped the image quality and flight time might be good enough to make up for some of the negatives.
I bought direct from DJI which meant I had to wait too long for delivery.
It's arrived today and has a few issues.
i-vsWmTdt-X2.jpg

And restarting doesn't change anything.
I was hoping to do a test flight today, but so far all I've found out is that I cannot remove the SD card without using tweezers.
I'd send right back to DJI!

When the list of error messages clearly indicates major hardware faults and the support person won't take the issue any further until you update firmware, it's a sign that the support person is the noob in the conversation.
I agree.

Does this change the truth of my point somehow?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk