DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3P battery storage

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I asked this question 8 months ago and got several good answers. With the passage of time and more anecdotal info from users here, I wanted to see if there were any new thoughts. DJI site moderators and tech help personnel give conflicting opinions. The DJI website:
Overview
The Two-Way Charging Hub can charge the remote controller and three batteries in sequence. It can also be used as a mobile power source and store batteries for convenient carrying.

The question is are there any experiences or thoughts regarding:
1- increased fire hazard
2- increased discharge rate
with storing the batteries in the DJI two-way charging hub while in a carrying case?

1.jpg

Mine are stored right in the charger hub. I have not discovered any drain on any of them, when left stored in the hub. One stored with only 2 or of 4 led's (50% charge), and others always stored full charge. Always the same as they were,, when I return to use them.

DJI states that it is a charging and storage hub, so that's what I do.

Reactions: mandilorian6
I personaly think using DJI charging hub may be why some battery clips are cracking .

i always keep mine in the hub no issues as of yet,and then my 4th one ,in a made to hold a battery fitment in my storage case, for me the trick to not breaking the locking tabs of the battery, is not to squeeze the tabs in too forcibly when removing them either from the hub or the drone

Reactions: mandilorian6
i always keep mine in the hub no issues as of yet,and then my 4th one ,in a made to hold a battery fitment in my storage case, for me the trick to not breaking the locking tabs of the battery, is not to squeeze the tabs in too forcibly when removing them either from the hub or the drone
You always give out first class information on this forum,so thanks for that 👍

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks all...

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga