DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 M3P in FPV mode - an insane Experience (TRY IT !)

Rockowe

Reactions
Saw this Button called FPV mode on Fly !
Tried it out ....

WOW - quite an Experience as the drone Tilts and sharply does a 180.... Accuracy is a Challenge - you think its like a plane .. But it turns Sharper - Need your Wits about you ....

Have you tried this ?

As a pilot that used to fly low level every flight, those are very cool. Will have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Rockowe
Nice!

Saw this Button called FPV mode on Fly !
Tried it out ....

WOW - quite an Experience as the drone Tilts and sharply does a 180.... Accuracy is a Challenge - you think its like a plane .. But it turns Sharper - Need your Wits about you ....

Have you tried this ?

You might want to clarify that the 360-degree roll at the end of the first clip at about 0:10 was done with video editing software rather than the drone executing the roll. FPV mode is a gimbal control mode, not a drone flight mode.

You might want to clarify that the 360-degree roll at the end of the first clip at about 0:10 was done with video editing software rather than the drone executing the roll. FPV mode is a gimbal control mode, not a drone flight mode.
Really appreciate that clarification. I was going to try it this weekend. Thank you!

Really appreciate that clarification. I was going to try it this weekend. Thank you!
You're welcome. The drone flies the same way in either FPV or Follow mode.

In FPV mode, the gimbal is fixed relative to the drone so that the camera "sees" the drone's pitch and roll. In Follow mode, the gimbal pitches up and down and rolls clockwise and counterclockwise to keep the camera level relative to the horizon.

After starting the drone and controller (in Follow mode and without starting the motors), hold the drone and move it around. It's interesting to see how well the gimbal compensates as you pitch and roll the drone. I'm still amazed that it can compensate for all the drone's bouncing around and allow the capture of stable video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dbez1
FPV is wild. just tried it. It is amazing that while it appears you are banking in one direction or the other, the drone is flying around in level flight. Not sure if I can use for commercial purposes, but it's fun to fly!

FPV is wild. just tried it. It is amazing that while it appears you are banking in one direction or the other, the drone is flying around in level flight. Not sure if I can use for commercial purposes, but it's fun to fly!
In FPV mode, the gimbal and camera are fixed relative to the drone. If the camera is banking, the drone is banking.

MS Coast - my apologies. I stand corrected. I went out and tested it again. The drone banks, but the bank "appeared to be" more pronounced on the screen. Of course you're watching the screen while trying to keep one eye on the drone, but you are correct. Thank you! For a pilot, it was still a kick.

MS Coast - my apologies. I stand corrected. I went out and tested it again. The drone banks, but the bank "appeared to be" more pronounced on the screen. Of course you're watching the screen while trying to keep one eye on the drone, but you are correct. Thank you! For a pilot, it was still a kick.
Yes, I agree that it's an interesting perspective. In the past I flew power planes and gliders in the past, and FPV gimbal mode on the DJI drones gives me much more of the "feeling" of flying. Most of the time, I'm using the drones for photos and videos and stay in Follow mode. But I still enjoy switching to FPV for that kick.

I've wondered how it would be to fly an airplane again after flying drones exclusively. Do you still fly?

I used to fly a lot of low level for training. Now the closest thing I've got to flying is drone FPV.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13