DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA RC moded

syzygos7

Reactions
Hi! Does anyone can share some pros and cons on RC moded antennas? And what kind are you using? Im looking forward... Thks!

I have the 4hawks SR on the way. Plenty of good reviews on YouTube.

Installed my 4hawks today. First test in urban area gave me almost 4000ft from the previous 2300ft on the same flight route. Will test later along a river in a park that previously gave me 3600 ft. Also video transmission is greatly improved. If you intend to do the install make sure you find a video that actually shows how to take apart the mavic air controller. 4hawks video is using a different controller.

Reactions: Donny66
aokusman thats great flight! have you tried penetrating some steel structures or a covered wall under close range? bec I notice on standard antennas it just wipe the signal away even if its slightly covered roof or in a structural bridge.

Installed my 4hawks today. First test in urban area gave me almost 4000ft from the previous 2300ft on the same flight route. Will test later along a river in a park that previously gave me 3600 ft. Also video transmission is greatly improved. If you intend to do the install make sure you find a video that actually shows how to take apart the mavic air controller. 4hawks video is using a different controller.

I’m thinking about upgrading to 4hawks but I am torn with the Titan switch. Where do you store your controller now? Do you take the SR off?

I was torn between the 4Hawks and Titan but if you're going to spend over $300 to mod the remote you might as well get a Mavic 2 Pro. The Titan Cyclone would make your battery the limit, not the signal.

Signal Penetration, that’s what 4hawks provide. Range is dictated by the battery with the Air. I’m in Orlando area and with the 4hawks I get amazing signal even at lower altitudes. Also the video feed stays solid no matter the frequency. The XR is the size of a billboard, SR size is much more manageable.

I got the Raptor SR installed this week. Which way do you connect the wires? Parallel or crossed? I have mine crossed but the range hasn’t really been any better. Granted I’m at the bottom of a valley with trees all around me. Only 2800 feet today, same distance as before.

Attachments

• 97137721-DCBA-44F8-944D-B793D910A7A3.jpeg
    97137721-DCBA-44F8-944D-B793D910A7A3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • 543E4D02-39B0-4ED7-B33D-760B41F20CE4.png
    543E4D02-39B0-4ED7-B33D-760B41F20CE4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
I got the Raptor SR installed this week. Which way do you connect the wires? Parallel or crossed? I have mine crossed but the range hasn’t really been any better. Granted I’m at the bottom of a valley with trees all around me. Only 2800 feet today, same distance as before.

Nope. Parallel.

Parallel or not doesn't matter. Problem is trees, a couple of trees in a way will lower signal more than modded antenna will boost it.

Do you think an amplifier help cut through the trees?
I have no experience with amps, but theoretically in area without interference it could help. And if amp is not integrated with transceiver in RC it has to have very complex design and I doubt there are any available.

If you are not flying far, trees should not be a problem, and if you do you usually can find open space nearby to control drone.

I was able to test the 4hawks SR today. Around my house where I’m lower in elevation than the surrounding I can go around 3000 feet where I was previously getting 2500 feet. In another area by my office I was getting 7000 feet or more. It was too windy to try more. Video feed is more stable and maybe I’m getting an extra 500 feet overall.

This was bone stock. I wish there was an option that wasn't so bulky. I'm more interested in maintaining medium range signal quality. IMG_4288.PNG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas