DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA Won't Detect My Phone (Android)

cgfw201

Reactions
So had my MA for 3 months, worked pretty much like a dream. Had some issues connecting via WiFi but not an issue as always use with the Remote.

Anyway, today got it out on a bike ride, not used for a couple of weeks and it just would not connect.

When I plug the cable in from the RC I get a "Slow Charging Warning" pop up, and on the screen where you link the RC to the aircraft I can't get beyond as it thinks the cable isn't plugged in.

I assumed it was an issue with the cable, but have just downloaded the app on my wife's phone and that connected first time.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It is Version 4.2.24.

When I turned on the app today it was unzipping something which looked like an update.

Anyway, what the hell is going on and how do i fix it?!

Sounds like you have it isolated to your phone.
I would;
1. make sure there is not pocket lint packed into the charge port of the phone
2. do a hard reboot on the phone, switch it to airplane mode
3. make sure there are enough resources on your phone. Plenty of open memory, and no background apps running.

Have done all the above. Phone's pretty new too, with no issues connecting via usb to a PC and moving files, charging or using the micro SD reader I have for RAW pics from the Mavic Air.

Below are screens of the issue, if that helps. (RC is connected and turned on in both).

Have also tried the USBC cable both ways up.

5VS1uM3.png
AmKeMTT.png

I have nothing. That is weird
I do not know enough about Android to be more help. Sorry!

Maybe you could find some android users to help you in any Apple thread. They like to Apple bash in those. :D

I have nothing. That is weird
I do not know enough about Android to be more help. Sorry!

Maybe you could find some android users to help you in any Apple thread. They like to Apple bash in those. :D

ha probably. interestingly found a lot of threads here and elsewhere about the exact same problem, but on iOS not android.

Going to try a load of stuff tonight with firmware and new cables, see if that works.

Updated firmware on the drone, couldn't do it for the RC, looks like there's only ever been one firmware for the RC (?).

Tried the USB slot in the back of the RC as well as the side, same issue. Tried USB debugging mode, didn't help.

Got a new cable arriving today, will see if that does anything. Otherwise it's back to John Lewis and replacing under guarantee. Annoying.

New cable just the same.

Going to try get the whole drone replaced tomorrow, see how that goes. Otherwise gotta buy a new phone!

New cable just the same.

Going to try get the whole drone replaced tomorrow, see how that goes. Otherwise gotta buy a new phone!
If your wifes phone works, that would rule out the drone would it not?
I would take the drone to the phone store and try another phone of the same model and see what happens.

If your wifes phone works, that would rule out the drone would it not?
I would take the drone to the phone store and try another phone of the same model and see what happens.

In theory yes, but given it worked so well, 100% of the time for 3 months, I'm struggling to see how it can change overnight.

And john lewis' returns policy is pretty good so don't think I'll struggle to get a brand new drone out of it to at least try. then if that's no use it's phone shopping time.

In theory yes, but given it worked so well, 100% of the time for 3 months, I'm struggling to see how it can change overnight.

And john lewis' returns policy is pretty good so don't think I'll struggle to get a brand new drone out of it to at least try. then if that's no use it's phone shopping time.

How did this play out? New mavic fix it?

Nope, exactly the same situation.Just a nice shiny new drone.

Looking into second hand compatible devices now.
Can you do a reset to factory new on your phone? Maybe an update or recent app caused the problem?

Picked up an Amazon Fire HD 8 yesterday for £50, works great.

Will keep using this as a temporary solution until either DJI fix whatever's preventing my phone from working or I upgrade my phone in the next couple of months.

The HD 8 fits in the standard MA controller which is handy. (Just).

bJKKCz

Attachments

• IMAG6630.jpg
    IMAG6630.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 53
Thought I should update this one.

So turns out the issue was with the phone. The USB-C port stopped reading peripheral devices for some reason, and would only be able to charge rather than do any kind of file transfers etc.

New Huawei Mate 20 Pro works a dream, have sold the Amazon tablet.

No idea why the original phone USB-C port packed in but that is what my issue was.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Hi,

Great that your issue is resolved. I have the same problem... IOS ok, Android nope... Did you do a factory default reset on your phone? I am going that way but only if I am sure it works.

regards,

P.

Hi,

Great that your issue is resolved. I have the same problem... IOS ok, Android nope... Did you do a factory default reset on your phone? I am going that way but only if I am sure it works.

regards,

P.

Yep, nothing worked. It was something up with the phone's hardware, would need to have had the whole USB socket replaced.

Ok. I've gone into developer options on mine and tried several options on the USB but non did work. Will try other android devices (My Mavic has 3 days so I haven't had to time to test anything more yet).

regards,

P.

How did the Amazon HD 8 work out when you used it...I am trying to decide on a tablet to get a bigger view (currently use my S8 phone)...I have a digiland now but camera view not showing for some reason...the HD 8 I can always give to kids anyways..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag