DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA Won't Detect My Phone (Android)

I know that this is an old topic, but I faced this precise problem today. My mavic air just stopped connecting to my phone with no visible reason. In fact, turning in USB debug may help(and it seems to help many other people), but for me, it didn't work.
What really was wrong is my phone memory. I found out that I have only about 20mb free memory and this was the reason my phone could not connect to the remote. As soon as I deleted some stuff everything got OK again.
Hope this helps someone

So had my MA for 3 months, worked pretty much like a dream. Had some issues connecting via WiFi but not an issue as always use with the Remote.

Anyway, today got it out on a bike ride, not used for a couple of weeks and it just would not connect.

When I plug the cable in from the RC I get a "Slow Charging Warning" pop up, and on the screen where you link the RC to the aircraft I can't get beyond as it thinks the cable isn't plugged in.

I assumed it was an issue with the cable, but have just downloaded the app on my wife's phone and that connected first time.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It is Version 4.2.24.

When I turned on the app today it was unzipping something which looked like an update.

Anyway, what the **** is going on and how do i fix it?!
Did you make sure your phone's connection to the RC isn't in Charging mode? It should be File Transfer or MIDI. On Android, after attaching the cable and turning devices on, drag down from the top of the screen, and click on the USB for Charging tile. Then select the proper connection mode.

I have the same problem. Here's my setup:
Pixel 2 XL phone
New Mavic 2 Zoom

Here's what I've done:
  • Upgraded to latest firmware on controller and Mavic using desktop app
  • Double-checked phone compatibility (it's on the list)
  • Tried with a different phone (Pixel 3 XL worked fine)
  • Deleted app data
  • Reset phone settings
  • Flushed all app data
  • Factory reset phone
  • Installed other DJI apps
  • Double-checked Android USB settings match working phone
  • Cried a little bit
After all that, I have had no luck. Super frustrating experience.

The last straw came when I tested it on a Pixel 1 XL and it worked perfectly. I decided the Pixel 2 hardware must be bad and sent for a replacement. I'll post an update in a few weeks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851