DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 3D Printed Tablet Mount - I'll Customize it for You.

Airmaxx23

Reactions
I have been using the PGYTech tablet holder but with my tablet (Samsung SM-T830) directly over the controller I've been having compass issues. I printed one I found on Thingiverse but the top hook wasn't open enough for my tablet with the TPU case on it. I tried modifying the original file but it was not cooperating so I drew up my own to fit my tablet with the case. I printed it in TPU rather than plastic since the TPU will hold onto the tablet better and can't break like plastic.

If you have a tablet and would like one of these to fit it I just need the height of your tablet (or tablet w/ case) in landscape mode and the thickness in millimeters. I can then post the file for you to download. If you don't have a printer and would like one feel free to PM me and we can work something out.

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_123716_2.jpg
    IMG_20200727_123716_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20200727_123638_2.jpg
    IMG_20200727_123638_2.jpg
    930.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20200727_123809_2.jpg
    IMG_20200727_123809_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
I have been using the PGYTech tablet holder but with my tablet (Samsung SM-T830) directly over the controller I've been having compass issues. I printed one I found on Thingiverse but the top hook wasn't open enough for my tablet with the TPU case on it. I tried modifying the original file but it was not cooperating so I drew up my own to fit my tablet with the case. I printed it in TPU rather than plastic since the TPU will hold onto the tablet better and can't break like plastic.

If you have a tablet and would like one of these to fit it I just need the height of your tablet (or tablet w/ case) in landscape mode and the thickness in millimeters. I can then post the file for you to download. If you don't have a printer and would like one feel free to PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks in advance for offering it. My tablet is 255mm X 180mm X 20mm.

May I ask you folks what printer(s) you use. I am very intrigued by the whole thing, but I have very little exposure to 3D Printing on the consumer level. I have only briefly seen a very large device that probably cost well into the six-figures used for commercial output, and that was years ago. I am interested in where this tech has gone to allow doing it in your den..

May I ask you folks what printer(s) you use. I am very intrigued by the whole thing, but I have very little exposure to 3D Printing on the consumer level. I have only briefly seen a very large device that probably cost well into the six-figures used for commercial output, and that was years ago. I am interested in where this tech has gone to allow doing it in your den..

I have two Wanhao Duplicator i3 printers with a bunch of 3D printed upgrades. One has a Flexion extruder for printing flexible filaments and it's the one I use the most, it has printed a total of 2509 hours and extruded 13.03 miles of filament. I build a lot of quads and design my own TPU parts which you can see HERE if you're interested.

Reactions: bp328i and reaganbp
Oh man, I would be very very interested in you making one for me (I don't have a 3D printer yet). I'm using an iPad Pro (the 9.7"). The exact dimensions are 240.00 x 169.50 x 6.10 but I'd prefer the controller is not stretched out to the maximum so what you've already made would probably work just fine. PM me with the cost.

I have two Wanhao Duplicator i3 printers with a bunch of 3D printed upgrades. One has a Flexion extruder for printing flexible filaments and it's the one I use the most, it has printed a total of 2509 hours and extruded 13.03 miles of filament. I build a lot of quads and design my own TPU parts which you can see HERE if you're interested.
Thanks for the reply. I took a look and am fascinated.

Thanks for the reply. I took a look and am fascinated.
Hi
I would very much like your file please :) my S4 tab is 165mm wide and 7.5mm thick. My Brother is awaiting delivery of his printer and I would love to give him his first project :)
At the moment I use two elastic bands which work surprisingly well ? but would prefer a proper adapter. I also purchased a clamp from amazon but just feels heavy and clumsy and put tab over top of controller ?
Thanks in advance
Snoffy

Hi
I would very much like your file please :) my S4 tab is 165mm wide and 7.5mm thick. My Brother is awaiting delivery of his printer and I would love to give him his first project :)
At the moment I use two elastic bands which work surprisingly well ? but would prefer a proper adapter. I also purchased a clamp from amazon but just feels heavy and clumsy and put tab over top of controller ?
Thanks in advance
Snoffy

I'll make one up for you. Keep in mind a lot of printers don't print TPU very well without a better extruder.

ok thanks very much, brother now has his printer :) will you post it here? or to me personally? if there's any cost let me know, many thanks

I had sent you a inbox about seeing if I'm able to buy a tablet holder from you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom