DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Battery purchased off Amazon seems a lil off.

crash3x

Reactions
I purchased an additional MA2 battery off Amazon and didn’t realize the difference between the three that came with my fly more combo and the extra one I purchased off Amazon until the other day. All the #’s and relevant info seem the same but please see my photos for the differences that kind of concern me, did I get a fake? Any in-site would be appreciated. No errors received, flight time seems as good as the three that came with my fly more combo. The battery on the left with the white DJI logo is the one that came with my combo, all three batters had the white logo and back label in the same direction, note the difference on the battery to the right, the battery received off Amazon.

Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

Seems a bit strange , DJI quality control should be better than that. Did it come officially packaged ?

Was it a third party seller, DJI or Amazon itself ?
If it was DJI on Amazon then I wouldn’t worry about it.

Appeared to be Official DJI packaging, wrapped, sealed, looked 100% upon receiving & opening. I always give online orders/packaging a good once over to check for counterfeiting etc but I missed these lil details I pointed out in the pictures I posted.
After busting out the magnifying glass and really looking & reading every little detail I believe it’s a official DJI battery, other that what I pointed out which is kind of weird, it looks legit but I was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience.

The batteries that came with my combo look like the battery without the painted logo. The back of mine is also the same as the battery on the right. I think you received an official DJI battery...also.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Strange .

But one other query...why does it have the government of India bureau standards website on it ?

Ask DJI - [email protected]

I am sure they would want to know as you do about any fakes and you also get some peace of mind if it is genuine. FIngers Crossed. Not beyond possibilities, they have labels for different markets and running updates etc..

If you ask them let us know the outcome, please.

The batteries that came with my combo look like the battery without the painted logo. The back of mine is also the same as the battery on the right. I think you received an official DJI battery...also.
Thanks for the reply! like I mentioned in my original post I was curious to see if any other pilots have had similar experiences with there batteries whether it be extras they orders or what came with there combo. I feel a lil better with the info you offered, thanks!

Nope. My logos are not painted. Your reversed label worries me. Yes, real ones say www.bis.gov.in at the bottom of the label. I think you might have a counterfeit battery, though this is the first I've heard of one.

I'd post on DJI's forum, and maybe open a ticket. Perhaps they'll say, "Yes, we made some that way."

Reactions: Tony McDrone
It was my understanding that DJI batteries are manufactured by a third-party(s)
One of them just got a little confused.

Someone else posted this issue here a couple of months ago.. the batteries are likely legitimate.

DJI uses several factories to make the batteries and apparently they don't do a good job standardizing these details.

Nope. My logos are not painted. Your reversed label worries me. Yes, real ones say www.bis.gov.in at the bottom of the label. I think you might have a counterfeit battery, though this is the first I've heard of one.

I'd post on DJI's forum, and maybe open a ticket. Perhaps they'll say, "Yes, we made some that way."
Good idea, I’ll send my pictures off to DJI and see what they say, won’t hold my breath on a speedy response though. I’ll let you know the outcome.

all three of mine that came from DJI with the combo are the same (front and back) as the one on the right

Good to know! Thanks for the info. As someone else suggested I’ll probably shoot the pics to DJI and see what they say. I’m not overly concerned as no errors came up, I used & recharged it 2 maybe 3x
and all seems fine, just thought it was odd, the reversed label and non painted logo. Thanks again!

all three of mine that came from DJI with the combo are the same (front and back) as the one on the right
That’s so weird, all mine were the the version on the left. Pre ordered fly more combo direct from DJI. Maybe it was a dated production/manufacturing thing?
Thanks for your input/info!

I have seen instances of this from Facebook groups that some batteries have the white lettering and some do not. Nobody seems to know why, some people were thinking that the white ones were non-ABDS and the non colored ones were for the US. For the record, mine aren't colored white (Fly More package in the US) But my controller has the white lettering.?

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adha