DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Controller tripod mount

Kendallfordguy

Reactions
I've noticed on a few videos that people have their MA2 controller mounted to a tripod. The is no threaded hole on the bottom of the controller, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to mount my controller to a tripod?

Thanks!

I'm quite confused... I understand why somebody might want to have straps to tie the controller around their necks... but why a tripod? When you operate the controller, you should be constantly moving it to align it towards your drone, so why do you want to fix it in place with a tripod?

I've noticed on a few videos that people have their MA2 controller mounted to a tripod. The is no threaded hole on the bottom of the controller, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to mount my controller to a tripod?

Thanks!
Probably the most secure option that I know of right now would be the Lifthor Tablet Mount. It mounts around the Air 2 remote and has the standard tripod receiver at the bottom. MavMounts also have a Tripod receiver, but based on their design, it would place the tripod beneath the antenna extensions and not the RC body itself. Here is a link for the Lifthor Mount. LifThor Baldur Combo for Air 2 and Mini 2 | thors-drone-world

Check this out. ?

I'm quite confused... I understand why somebody might want to have straps to tie the controller around their necks... but why a tripod? When you operate the controller, you should be constantly moving it to align it towards your drone, so why do you want to fix it in place with a tripod?
If your flying with a 10inch tablet it can be quite tiresome on the wrists after a while. They may also be using a range extender antennae , combined with the tablet is a fair weight to hold comfortably.

Reactions: Heindrich1988
Range extenders don’t work well without realigning them with the drone’s position. That is the nature of the radio signals used for control and video.

The biggest reason is for taking hyperlapse videos. Depending of the settings, the drone can be stationary for a fairly long period. It would be much easier to have the controller on a tripod rather than standing in one place holding it for 20 minutes or so.

Reactions: Kendallfordguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato