DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 hard case question

Dumb question...newbie here with a Air 2... Does most people leave the props on and folded when storing in a case...or remove like in the pic above? Dont want to constantly take props on and off every flight if not needed.

I bought GPC case off goprofessionalcases.com $117 with code TNL10 doesn’t ship until May 25th but wort the wait in my opinion.
I have one for my M2P and I love it! GPC is worth it especially when traveling. For day hikes I use the Lowepro Slingshot 100AW.
Blue Skies from ID?

Dumb question...newbie here with a Air 2... Does most people leave the props on and folded when storing in a case...or remove like in the pic above? Dont want to constantly take props on and off every flight if not needed.
guess MA2 can be stored with props on, that depends of the case itself mean if it isnt too tight

I, too, want individual fitted cases for the drone and RC. As the MA2 just came out, it’ll take a few months for manufacturers such as Polar Pro to bring out new products. Until then, I use my Amazon padded plastic bags to protect the drone and RC, place them in my daypack, and off I go on another adventure 1590076312830.png

Attachments

• 1590076313093.png
    1590076313093.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 15
Plenty of these on Aliexpress now loads of choice

I’m sorry but I could not find any Nanuk cases on Aliexpress. The one I ordered on B & H is specifically for the Mavic Air 2 combo. They show a photo of it and it looks really nice in accommodating the MA2 combo.

heya guys,
as MA2 comes in ****** softbag, did someone manage to find any hard case (something similar to Air1) which can be used with it by any chance?
TIA
Got this one on the advice of someone else in the forum and it's perfect. Also I used the Honey Chrome extension and that saved me another 9 bucks, which basically saved me the shipping cost. 3800 Weatherproof Protective Case - Large - Black

Reactions: crosswired
For folks in the US, if you have a Harbor Freight near you their Apache line of cases are nice. Pick and pluck foam inserts. Mine is a model 3800. Got it for $32. View attachment 102017
I ordered the same in black, so a little less cool but still functional..?‍♂️ I was kinda digging that tan one also and at this price, I may just get it as well.

Reactions: jeffchap
heya guys,
as MA2 comes in ****** softbag, did someone manage to find any hard case (something similar to Air1) which can be used with it by any chance?
TIA
Advexure has them and is shipping now. www.Advexure.com They are GREAT people, based in LA, but don't hold that against them. If you call them, ask for Dan or Travis and tell them Sandy from Wingspan said "hi". I have done business with them for years now and have bought all of my DJI stuff through them. And where, besides them, can you deal with GREAT PEOPLE these days ?!?

I know everyone is looking for a hard case... The B&H one is a great price. But that said. if you want minimal but still have protection, I purchased the Lykus M1 (made for the Mavic Pro) but it fits like a glove with just a bit extra space in front of the drone. Much smaller than hard case and lighter. I use hard cases for all my photography equipment but purchased the Lykus smaller one for my mini and loved it. Its worth a look. Here is the Amazon Link.

Reactions: Big_Red
I’m sorry but I could not find any Nanuk cases on Aliexpress. The one I ordered on B & H is specifically for the Mavic Air 2 combo. They show a photo of it and it looks really nice in accommodating the MA2 combo.

The latches on Nanuk cases are *sublime*. They're really fantastic cases. I've got one for my Phantom 4 Pro, my CrystalSky, my FT Aviator, and now Mavic Air 2. Gave my brother my original Mavic Pro, in its Nanuk case.

And now my son's getting a Mavic Mini with - you guessed it - a Nanuk.

No better case on the market, in my opinion!

Why do you label your batteries?

I label mine so I can more easily track which ones I've used and to even out the number of total charge cycles across all three.

I label mine so I can more easily track which ones I've used and to even out the number of total charge cycles across all three.
the same here...
but stupidly installed battery #2 for my 1st flight lol guess excitement it was :D

For folks in the US, if you have a Harbor Freight near you their Apache line of cases are nice. Pick and pluck foam inserts. Mine is a model 3800. Got it for $32. View attachment 102017

Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of this store before but there was one close by. Saved me a lot of money.
ab390a31a519bf1f12b3d2f2ca211712.jpg

e7d0529628e25de37e1ef9143efe1816.jpg

d4f544824c22a7e550951c81eb5cb1d5.jpg
5421DD11-ACDC-4D87-87CB-C3243111F499.jpeg
Fits the tab as well.
Always interested to see how people set their case up. I’m still waiting on a replacement bird from DJI (got one from a bad batch), so I can finally put that together. Question: what kind of tablet are you running with your setup? I’m looking for something to use other than my phone for flying.

Always interested to see how people set their case up. I’m still waiting on a replacement bird from DJI (got one from a bad batch), so I can finally put that together. Question: what kind of tablet are you running with your setup? I’m looking for something to use other than my phone for flying.

This is the Asus zenpad z8s I picked up form eBay for $100, like new. It’s the perfect size and has a high resolution screen. It’s also unlocked though I don’t use that part. It’s a few years old but does the job. Wanted the iPad mini 5 but at $300 plus used, wasn’t worth it. I would not use it for anything else.

Reactions: InterstateP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman