DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 is a tough AIRCRAFT (Admin Edited)! Crashed in rocks and continued flying like nothing ever happened!

SkyMasterKT

Reactions
Some weeks ago I posted a thread here about my damaged propellers and whether it is urgent to change them. At the time I was not able to explain what has caused the damage, but when I started to edit the video from the same day, I saw that actually I have crashed sideways into a rock, while I was doing a beautiful orbit :)
Because I have lost signal several times during this flight I decided that it is thew same issue (the sun was quite bright and my phone was glaring a lot) and continued flying, even above a big body of water. Later I observed the damaged propellers and MUCH later I understood what has actually happened.

If you are interested to see it, here is a video from my crash - normal and slow mo.

wow, that was close to losing it, what a great bird to take that bump and come back from it.

Watched your other completed video as well. Outstanding job.. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Oops!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I wasn’t so lucky. Crashed into a telephone line...now awaiting parts to arrive from China.

• Sad
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I am wondering whether having propeller guard could have minimized the damage and actually saved the drone from loosing balance?

Some weeks ago I posted a thread here about my damaged propellers and whether it is urgent to change them. At the time I was not able to explain what has caused the damage, but when I started to edit the video from the same day, I saw that actually I have crashed sideways into a rock, while I was doing a beautiful orbit :)
Because I have lost signal several times during this flight I decided that it is thew same issue (the sun was quite bright and my phone was glaring a lot) and continued flying, even above a big body of water. Later I observed the damaged propellers and MUCH later I understood what has actually happened.

If you are interested to see it, here is a video from my crash - normal and slow mo.

Wow that's amazing that is why i bought the air 2 i watched a u tube video on crash test this drone is one tough bird if you don't mind me asking what editing software do you use

Not something I should be bragging about however I have sent my Air 2 sideways into a glass window at full chuff. Propeller flew off but just reattached with no negatives. Resilient bit of kit.

Also had a couple of tree hits, not a scratch.

Fantastic footage

Not something I should be bragging about however I have sent my Air 2 sideways into a glass window at full chuff. Propeller flew off but just reattached with no negatives. Resilient bit of kit.

Also had a couple of tree hits, not a scratch.

Fantastic footage
Ok thanks

I am wondering whether having propeller guard could have minimized the damage and actually saved the drone from loosing balance?
It looks like you hit the rock from the side so I would think there would have been no damage to the props...front and rear aren't so much protected with the prop guards I've seen...anyway, good to know the MA2 is so stable...I can imagine your jaw hit the floor when you 1st saw this footage ?

Wow that's amazing that is why i bought the air 2 i watched a u tube video on crash test this drone is one tough bird if you don't mind me asking what editing software do you use
I am editing the videos with Filmora9, the free edition. It really does amazing job and is not very hardware demanding. The workflow is very intuitive, too.

Reactions: Steel63 and Tweeter
You did a circle (orbit) there ? In manual flight ? or was it POI ?
I did a manual flight, doing an orbit. And because I focused mostly on video recording and was flying without direct visual contact, I ended up hitting the rock :)

It is thought but there may be some hidden damage. Be sure connection to the RC is good taking a look to the fly log, specifically to the signal strength map.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403