DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Lifthor Tablet Mount

I haven't found anything shorter than 26-36” with a Lightning right angle cable to protect the iPad port. No real need for a right angle connector on the RC side. It's already protected, and the only reason the stock cable is right angle is to fit connected inside with the antenna collapsed.
This $15 three foot one one is half the price of the 26” one. Just one more loop.
I tested it, and it works fine!
"cable also supports data transfer"
Good point about rc connection. Thanks

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I haven't found anything shorter than 26-36” with a Lightning right angle cable to protect the iPad port. No real need for a right angle connector on the RC side. It's already protected, and the only reason the stock cable is right angle is to fit connected inside with the antenna collapsed.
This $15 three foot one one is half the price of the 26” one. Just one more loop.
I tested it, and it works fine!
"cable also supports data transfer"
I have searched for hours for a 1' right angle USB-C to Lighting cable with zero luck. I ended up buying this cable and use it daily with absolutely no issues, works great.

I have searched for hours for a 1' right angle USB-C to Lighting cable with zero luck. I ended up buying this cable and use it daily with absolutely no issues, works great.
Same here. No one has made a short one yet. If they have, they aren't marketing them properly! MA2 owners using iPads would be their ideal target market!

Reactions: bp328i
Same here. No one has made a short one yet. If they have, they aren't marketing them properly! MA2 owners using iPads would be their ideal target market!
My Lifthor mount for the MA2 came with a Type C to Lightning cable that is about 1' long. It appears custom made by them, with their logo on it, and it works great, and is the perfect size. Right now, it is part of their pre-order deal for this mount, and it does not appear that they generally sell it on their web-store. Probably will not be long before similar options begin showing up on Amazon, since DJI seems to now be moving to this Type C standard - thankfully..

My Lifthor mount for the MA2 came with a Type C to Lightning cable that is about 1' long. It appears custom made by them, with their logo on it, and it works great, and is the perfect size. Right now, it is part of their pre-order deal for this mount, and it does not appear that they generally sell it on their web-store. Probably will not be long before similar options begin showing up on Amazon, since DJI seems to now be moving to this Type C standard - thankfully..
This one was posted earlier today. I've ordered already for delivery tomorrow.

This one was posted earlier today. I've ordered already for delivery tomorrow.
Mine should arrive tomorrow, too!

Reactions: bp328i
On May 16, 2020, it was announced here that Lifthor had a tablet mount in the making - on a pre-order basis - for the MA2, and since I fly most of the time with an iPad, and have heard only good things about their products, I went ahead and pre-ordered. The mount then shipped on June 17th from Norway, I received it on June 19th, and yesterday, I had a chance to fly three batteries and check it out.

Overall, I found the mount to be very solid and very well built. It consists of three separate parts - the aluminum main-bracket that fits around the RC, an aluminum locking-bracket that mounts to the main-bracket with four thumbscrews, and the plastic tablet mount that affixes to the swivel head on the locking-bracket. Mine also came with a lanyard and Lifthor's Type-C to Lightning Cable, both of which were included in the pre-order.

As far as fitment goes, the brackets mount very securely to the RC, and the areas where contact is made with its plastic housing, there are rubber pads. With my 10.5" iPad Pro, I found the setup to be very well balanced hanging from the lanyard around my neck, and since I usually hand launch and catch, I felt fully confident letting it hang free without any concern that the iPad would shift or fall out. The best part is, this mounting system places no stress whatsoever on the Air 2's newly designed antenna system like the traditional Mavic-series tablet mount systems do - as it does not make any contact with it at all - and IMO, this is where it really shines. Also, at the base of the main bracket, there is a threaded receiver for placing the mount onto a tripod, if one were so inclined.

The one issue that I do see going forward, is that with the mount installed on the RC, it will not fit in the FMC bag or my Nanuk case, and this means repeatedly installing and removing the mount for transporting the RC in either of these cases. Not only does that add time to setup and breakdown, but the four thumbscrews are fairly small, made of aluminum, and they have a fairly fine thread. As such, I think stripping them from repeated placement and removal is almost certain. I have sent an email to Lifthor requesting the size and thread pitch of these screws in order to source something similar Stateside, and for now, I plan to simply leave it installed. The few times that I may need to pack down light - hiking, motorcycle... - I can remove it and simply use my phone in the tradition fashion. Most of the time however, I drive my car, so room is not an issue.

Lastly, if/when Lifthor replies with information regarding the thumbscrew size/thread pitch, I will post back with a solution for spares.

Lastly, lastly... @EmpireDroneCompany posted in a thread that they have this mount available, and since they are an approved vendor here, buying from them supports them as well as Lifthor..

View attachment 105508 View attachment 105509 View attachment 105510
Great thorough and honest review..... totally appreciate it as I am contemplating buying this mount.... thank you!

Reactions: Brockrock
Great dialogue folks.... I am looking into the Lifthor holder as well.... the reason is two fold:

1. I want something that will be absolutely secure. I plan on pairing the Lifthor up with the Tripltek tablet which is built ruggedized (not sure that's actually a word) so I can't have a skimpy mount.
2. This is for a commercial application. I want to project a professional image and steer clear of the MA2 as a "toy".

Hopefully this makes some sense.....

Great dialogue folks.... I am looking into the Lifthor holder as well.... the reason is two fold:

1. I want something that will be absolutely secure. I plan on pairing the Lifthor up with the Tripltek tablet which is built ruggedized (not sure that's actually a word) so I can't have a skimpy mount.
2. This is for a commercial application. I want to project a professional image and steer clear of the MA2 as a "toy".

Hopefully this makes some sense.....
It does make sense. Since the real meat of this discussion took place however, MavMount has come out with the AIR-Lock system as an option with their mounts when used with the Mavic Air 2. You can check it out here:

I have the MavMount 3.0, and although it does not have the cutout for the antenna head, it fits fine in the traditional fashion, and the AIR-Lock screw locks it together very securely. I do use my Lifthor mount now and again, but since my RC will not fit in my weatherproof case with it installed, the MavMount is faster to setup onsite, and it is rock solid. I simply purchased just the AIR-Lock screw as an accessory when it came out, and now I have both, but I use the MavMount more frequently.

Reactions: Jeff2020
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser