DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Nov 5, 2020 Update Ver#1.2.0

In The Zone

Reactions
I just did the update today on Fly app and it was mostly for the Mini 2 that's coming out soon... However after I did the update my camera stopped working, the camera moves up and down and side to side but the video is froze. If I go to the video screen and use the 4x zoom it works and if I switch back to full screen it's either freezes the screen or it is really jerky. Anyone else having problems with this newest update????

Yes. Not that problem but my tablet rebooted during the flight. Had to hit the RTH button. Went in the house and checked for any further updates and there was another update to download. It loaded but did not change the app revision number. It is still 1.2.0.

Need to be more specific which version is causing issues, IOS or Android and determine if there is more than one build for Android, as there maybe more than one build of 1.2.0 for Android around?

Reactions: hiflyer201
Also look at the build number. That always changes with updates though the version might not.
It is Android. Where is the build number found? Just flew again a few minutes ago and had not issues; however the battery temp AND the battery voltage graphing don't show anything in Airdata. The battery info stopped working with 1.1.10. It worked properly with 1.1.9. The Fly app has constant problems that the GO4 app didn't and doesn't have.

Reactions: In The Zone
You should be able to find the version # under Profile->Settings, might have to scroll a little in the left menu for it to come into view at the bottom.. Under Logout, assuming that they are all the same between IOS and Android.

Reactions: WobblingWillie
You should be able to find the version # under Profile->Settings, might have to scroll a little in the left menu for it to come into view at the bottom.. Under Logout, assuming that they are all the same between IOS and Android.
1.2.0 (889-googleplay)

1.2.0 (889-googleplay)
Now one wonders if what the previous version was? I think you said you downloaded a new version after a software crash, which is probably this 889 build... DJI I think has downloads too... one what build they have online?

Now one wonders if what the previous version was? I think you said you downloaded a new version after a software crash, which is probably this 889 build... DJI I think has downloads too... one what build they have online?
Yes, the 889 was after the second download. The first download was about 103 megs. The second was only 20 megs.

My Fly App just crashed in flight at 1+ miles out. Found out it was trying to update to this new version WHILE IN USE. Not good!
RTH worked and the Fly App came back after I turned my WiFi back on (in flight). Couple of camera issues and so forth but all straightened out now (I think). There was no indication it was updating......bad move on DJIs part IMO. (Android)

My Fly App just crashed in flight at 1+ miles out. Found out it was trying to update to this new version WHILE IN USE. Not good!
RTH worked and the Fly App came back after I turned my WiFi back on (in flight). Couple of camera issues and so forth but all straightened out now (I think). There was no indication it was updating......bad move on DJIs part IMO. (Android)
I have always turned auto updates off and just wait for app update notifications to manually apply updates, but it never occurred to me that an update would occur while the app is in use. So to prevent this from happening in the future you can put your phone in airplane mode or turn off auto updates.

Hey @In The Zone ....
Here’s the fix:

Thanks guy we shall see
549728c3c0ed0f44dcc3f31bd402ebbd.jpg
e7205620f0f15835e44191dc77c0b945.jpg

Should have been in Airplane Mode.

My video freezes and lags on the 48MP mode but nowhere else now.

I have a Mavic Air 2 and was wondering the exact same thing. Shot an email message to DJI Marketing with that question but haven't received a response yet.
Well, I think it would be an excellent marketing decision since there is really no incentive for MA2 owners to get the Mini 2. I would, for one, probably buy a Mini 2 if I didn't have to buy the controller with it. Say for $300.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll