DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Nov 5, 2020 Update Ver#1.2.0

My video freezes and lags on the 48MP mode but nowhere else now.
If your using the latest firmware noted in this thread, perhaps reinstalling the app will clear things up..

Hey @In The Zone ....
Here’s the fix:
The fly app v1.2.0 on Nov 5th for Android has a problem NO fixes yet. I deleted it and downloaded the last app v1.1.9 and everything is working perfectly now no issues. The firmware is okay to download just DONT update the fly app.

Reactions: Thomas B
The fly app v1.2.0 on Nov 5th for Android has a problem NO fixes yet. I deleted it and downloaded the last app v1.1.9 and everything is working perfectly now no issues. The firmware is okay to download just DONT update the fly app.
The last app was 1.1.10. 1.1.9 works fine as well.

Reactions: In The Zone
If your using the latest firmware noted in this thread, perhaps reinstalling the app will clear things up..
Just tried it and nothing changed. Seems 48MP and Hyperlapse modes are the ones being effected. Also while flying in normal photo mode I experienced a blackout and never got video transmission back. Eventually tried my wife's phone and then swapped back to mine and got it back but still getting frozen and severely lagged modes.

Rolled back with the version posted above and the issues are now gone. Guess we'll have to wait for the next patched update.

Well, I think it would be an excellent marketing decision since there is really no incentive for MA2 owners to get the Mini 2. I would, for one, probably buy a Mini 2 if I didn't have to buy the controller with it. Say for $300.
Likewise, let's keep our fingers crossed ?in hopes DJI will make that an available options for us MA2 owners.

Reactions: Tufargon
Guys did a test and I suggest what others did is to roll back

I rolled back the firmware on the controller to before the nov updates and refreshed the firmware on the drone most current. I resynced the RC to the Drone. I tried the dji fly app. 1.2.0 with this and around 600ft drone dropped signal and went to return to home like yesterday. I unistalled the 1.2.0 app and installed 1.1.9 and tested again and no issues. Went the 600ft and full signal. Then I gave it a shot straight down and 8000ft not one issue. I suggest u guys having issues try this

I'm on Android.
403a2215ee12246e589ccab43f34d2f4.jpg
b18d0d2999a31e51272993758f526121.jpg

This is an attempt to tie this thread together with the "Problem with MA2 and new 1.2.0 update" thread.
There were problems with both the recent drone firmware and phone apps, so the best thing to do is stick with app v1.10.0 and any drone firmware issued before 11/5 until we are sure the newer updates (after 11/7) are stable. I will probably update both later this week.

This is an attempt to tie this thread together with the "Problem with MA2 and new 1.2.0 update" thread.
There were problems with both the recent drone firmware and phone apps, so the best thing to do is stick with app v1.10.0 and any drone firmware issued before 11/5 until we are sure the newer updates (after 11/7) are stable. I will probably update both later this week.
I was going to do the 1.10.0 app but there was 3 versions didn't which one. So I just did 1.1.9

The issue is not about firmware whatsoever. You can have the newest firmware, just use the older 1.1.10 or 1.1.9 app till the issue is resolved.

Why do you say that? Feels like the RC should be able to control the drone if it was just the app that crashed

Why do you say that? Feels like the RC should be able to control the drone if it was just the app that crashed
There were a couple in this thread and another 2 threads that just went back to the older app and everything was fine again. I didn't see anyone say the controller itself didn't work properly. I have the newest firmware and run 1.1.10 and everything seems fine.
Here is a video that a member shared that was in contact with DJI about the issue.

Last edited:
The issue is not about firmware whatsoever. You can have the newest firmware, just use the older 1.1.10 or 1.1.9 app till the issue is resolved.
?% Correct... The drone & controller firmware have nothing to do with the app problem. The latest firmware update was for the controller so you could use it with the Mini 2 that's all it was for. DJI messed up the app v1.2.0 for use with the Mini 2 and the MA2 did not like the update just wasn't compatible.

The thing is I had several flights on 1.2.0 (iOS) with the previous firmware with no issues, which is why I'm not entirely convinced it's just the app. Also, some people reported they were having the problem constantly with firmware 1100 and then a couple of days later when they updated to 1101, the problem went away.

The thing is I had several flights on 1.2.0 (iOS) with the previous firmware with no issues, which is why I'm not entirely convinced it's just the app. Also, some people reported they were having the problem constantly with firmware 1100 and then a couple of days later when they updated to 1101, the problem went away.
For Android it's absolutely the app and only the app. I don't use IOS so I don't know what's going on there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn