DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 quality props really necessary?

Ron-EP

Reactions
Hey all,

I tried searching the forum for my particular question but no luck...my apologies in advance if this specifically has been asked before...So I come from the world of Phantoms. Have had multiple. Its often recommended to NOT go with any other props other than original DJI. To me thats totally understandable. To me Phantom props actually feel of quality. They're thick but with some give and the quality is noticeable. There's just more to them than what i consider Mavic(in my case MA2) props to be... flimsy , paper thin material. No wonder they were so generous with multiple spare sets in the box. Unheard of with the Phantom lineup. This makes me wonder if DJI branded props are even necessary for my MA2. I feel any aftermarket props of somewhat decent material would suffice. Am I totally wrong?

Many had bad batches of MAS props and had flight issues, so yes.
And MAS was considered quite reputable in earlier times.

You can't be fair in comparing Phantom props to Mavic props, especially the smaller ones. Smaller AC requires smaller and lighter props. Could you see a Mini with a Phantom sized prop? Or even a M2 with a Phantom sized prop?

Hey all,

I tried searching the forum for my particular question but no luck...my apologies in advance if this specifically has been asked before...So I come from the world of Phantoms. Have had multiple. Its often recommended to NOT go with any other props other than original DJI. To me thats totally understandable. To me Phantom props actually feel of quality. They're thick but with some give and the quality is noticeable. There's just more to them than what i consider Mavic(in my case MA2) props to be... flimsy , paper thin material. No wonder they were so generous with multiple spare sets in the box. Unheard of with the Phantom lineup. This makes me wonder if DJI branded props are even necessary for my MA2. I feel any aftermarket props of somewhat decent material would suffice. Am I totally wrong?
I also came from Phantom to Mavics some years ago. Trust me, the DJI props are still high quality and still the best available. Yeah, they’re lighter but that’s the nature of the Mavic series in general, from body to controller.
I tried the Master Air Screw props, and they don’t reduce noise that much. They’re also brittle and bend easier. And, they’re supposed to be the best OEM props available.

I tried the MAS props for one flight. They seemed ok. I then heard about the vibration / balance issues & on testing for that, was alarmed at how much they vibrated. Closer inspection of the props showed up poor manufacturing. I was lucky to get a full refund via PayPal. I’ve gone back to my stock DJI props which are perfectly balanced & fly without issue every flight.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Master Airscrew has apparently fixed the problem associated with a bad batch of badly cut props. They really need to communicate better.

MAS benefitted most with the original MP as it's OEM props didn't have the tip and other design factors that reduces noise. DJI introduced lower noise props as well as new ESC in the Platinum which reduced noise quite a bit. The MPP props worked with the MP.
With the new design, that probably reduced the impact with the MAS props in comparison.

MA1 was reported to be quite noisy so MAS might have improved that.

The rest of the models are fairly quiet so might not be much for MAS to improve on.

Reactions: MA2 317
MAS benefitted most with the original MP as it's OEM props didn't have the tip and other design factors that reduces noise. DJI introduced lower noise props as well as new ESC in the Platinum which reduced noise quite a bit. The MPP props worked with the MP.
With the new design, that probably reduced the impact with the MAS props in comparison.

MA1 was reported to be quite noisy so MAS might have improved that.

The rest of the models are fairly quiet so might not be much for MAS to improve on.

I agree.

When I purchased the MA2 and had my first flight, I was blown away about how quite it was compared to my Spark.

The Spark even had MAS props on at the time. :D

My MAS props are great and I like the different tone. I have enough props now not to worry getting anymore for awhile.

I just got the blue ones to test them out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake