DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 - question on the the Gimbal YAW feature, especially after the FLY APP update

Dronacharya!

Reactions
Hi All fellow pilots,

Soon after updating the Fly App 1.1.6 version, i saw the added feature of YAW smoothness and speed. Now, i have this elementary question about YAW. Yaw as i understand is the sideways movement of the gimbal (not the AC), correct? but is there a button/joystick to control the YAW? The Left joystick (left and right Presses of that) is for turning the AC completely and not the Gimbal?
so, my question is - was/is there a button to control the YAW movement of the gimbal? how do we control/check the YAW speed/smoothness in the new update of Fly App 1.1.6?
Might be a silly question, but i am unable to comprehend it.
if some of the experts can throw some light on this.

btw, i havent got a chance to fly my MA2 since updating the Fly App, so couldnt check or try it out either.

thanks!

It's the YAW of the AC not the gimbal
Understood, thank you, so the YAW is YAW of the AC.
and i think, Pitch is pitch of the Gimbal and not the AC?
but i also see this Gimbal PAN angles, how does that work? As attached excerpt from the manual.
BE9826EA-7D4E-4CC5-8295-3AF26439E7B3.jpeg

but i also see this Gimbal PAN angles, how does that work? As attached excerpt from the manual.
View attachment 110168

The paragraph below your circle explains it, you have slight camera pan control

The paragraph below your circle explains it, you have slight camera pan control
Wow! Thanks Lannes, that was a minute detail. So pan of the camera/gimbal is controlled that way... ThumbswayupThumbswayup

There are videos on YT that discuss the changes and show how they impact the drone if you alter the settings, which should make it more clear as to what they do..

Reactions: Dronacharya!
View attachment 110168

If you hold your finger down on the screen, you can enter gimbal control mode where you can drag up/down and left/right to move the gimbal during flight.

Reactions: Dronacharya!
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman