DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Startup Sequence Issue - GeoZone Limitation

Now you know why I am so curious as to why this happened.
I can't see any indication that you are curious at all.
You've stated that you are 100% certain but refuse to test your ridiculous theory.
True but I will pass. Like I said above I do not want to experience that angst again just in case.
There's no need for any angst, just a simple startup to show whether it gives a restriction or not ( and it won't)
It's hard to see why you are so against a simple test that would take two minutes.

I can't see any indication that you are curious at all.
You've stated that you are 100% certain but refuse to test your ridiculous theory.

There's no need for any angst, just a simple startup to show whether it gives a restriction or not ( and it won't)
It's hard to see why you are so against a simple test that would take two minutes.
Not against. Just don't like the inconvenience. I've experienced it once, don't want to experience it again ?

If you say it did not happen to you so be it. Does not mean it did not happen to me Thumbswayup ;)

Unfortunately, that is the only "ridiculous theory" I can proffer as this is the only thing I did differently. Curiousity killed the cat as they say so in this case, I will let it be. Like I said, it was probably a fluke, an aberration, and on the way to the Bermuda Triangle so no need to lose sleep over it ? ?

If you say it did not happen to you so be it. Does not mean it did not happen to me as you can see from the pictures I attached. I see no sense bringing on an inconvenience to myself so I let it fly and I will just fly the drone with my usual protocols Thumbswayup ;)

Last edited:
If you say it did not happen to you so be it. Does not mean it did not happen to me
I've said that nothing in the startup sequence could possibly cause what you think it caused.
I've said that I always startup that was, as do many other flyers without it happening to them either.
What more do you need to understand that what happened to you was a coincidence and had nothing at all to do with your startup sequence?

If you say it did not happen to you so be it. Does not mean it did not happen to me as you can see from the pictures I attached. I see no sense bringing on an inconvenience to myself so I let it fly and I will just fly the drone with my usual protocols
That's complete nonsense and this whole thread is pointless.

I've said that nothing in the startup sequence could possibly cause what you think it caused.
I've said that I always startup that was, as do many other flyers without it happening to them either.
What more do you need to understand that what happened to you was a coincidence and had nothing at all to do with your startup sequence?

That's complete nonsense and this whole thread is pointless.
Thanks for the kind words. Not asking you to post. No one is forcing you ;)

Purpose is sharing my experience. Much the same way other forumers share their experience.

The same way I will not cast doubt on experiences that you will share. Thumbswayup :)

Not against. Just don't like the inconvenience. I've experienced it once, don't want to experience it again ?

If you say it did not happen to you so be it. Does not mean it did not happen to me Thumbswayup ;)

Unfortunately, that is the only "ridiculous theory" I can proffer as this is the only thing I did differently. Curiousity killed the cat as they say so in this case, I will let it be. Like I said, it was probably a fluke, an aberration, and on the way to the Bermuda Triangle so no need to lose sleep over it ? ?

If you say it did not happen to you so be it. Does not mean it did not happen to me as you can see from the pictures I attached. I see no sense bringing on an inconvenience to myself so I let it fly and I will just fly the drone with my usual protocols Thumbswayup ;)

“There’s nothing quite as frightening as someone who knows they are right.”
― Michael Faraday

I was going by "Guess what? I was asked to log in and the MA2 went into its geozone limitation", and your 2nd photo.

Others encountered this too. Might be part bug, but seemed to be able to be resolved by logging into your DJI account from a PC, which may then want to verify your login by sending a verification email.

Then log your Fly back in, and your limitation is lifted.
The message is a bit misleading, especially on the startup screen looking like you're in an authorization zone.

No login? Height/distance limited.
No app? Height/distance limited.
DJI account needs verification? Height/distance limited.

So order of startup wasn't it, just that first time around your account wasn't verified, but you corrected the situation by the subsequent flight, which you happened to also change the order of startup.

Reactions: volition
I was going by "Guess what? I was asked to log in and the MA2 went into its geozone limitation", and your 2nd photo.

Others encountered this too. Might be part bug, but seemed to be able to be resolved by logging into your DJI account from a PC, which may then want to verify your login by sending a verification email.

Then log your Fly back in, and your limitation is lifted.
The message is a bit misleading, especially on the startup screen looking like you're in an authorization zone.

No login? Height/distance limited.
No app? Height/distance limited.
DJI account needs verification? Height/distance limited.

So order of startup wasn't it, just that first time around your account wasn't verified, but you corrected the situation by the subsequent flight, which you happened to also change the order of startup.
Yep, starting all over again logged me back in automatically in the Fly App and I was able to fly normally afterwards. No need for me to do anything else like manual log in or sending/getting any verification email.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated. Thumbswayup ;)

For the sake of curiosity, why have there not been any Logs posted? This would clear up all open questions, otherwise we can continue to speculate happily.

For the sake of curiosity, why have there not been any Logs posted? This would clear up all open questions, otherwise we can continue to speculate happily.
Happy to post the logs (DAT data you mean) if this helps. But like what is said here already, it is a probably a bug, an isolated incident.

We can leave it at that and probably wait if this happens to anyone else Thumbswayup ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada