DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 vs. MA1 with MasterScrew Noise Comparison?

kwolfskill

Reactions
I've seen this video that compares the noise of an MA2 vs. a MA1 using stock propellers, and the MA2 is quite a bit better with noise:

Has anyone done a noise comparison between the MA2 and a MA1 with MasterScrew propellers? IMHO, The MasterScrew propellers seem pretty close to the same noise as the MA2, but looking for an actual comparison.

As many have pointed out the noise from the MA1 had more to do with pitch than volume, although it does have a slightly higher volume too.

I think it had a lot to do with the short blades, and certainly the MA1 didn't have the advanced shapes to help either.

Reactions: kwolfskill
As many have pointed out the noise from the MA1 had more to do with pitch than volume, although it does have a slightly higher volume too.

I think it had a lot to do with the short blades, and certainly the MA1 didn't have the advanced shapes to help either.
Agreed, though this post is specifically about the MAS props for the MA1, which did help a lot with reducing the high pitched sound.

I have the MAS props on my MA1, so would also be interested in a comparison. The MAS props definitely sound better than the OEM props, but I'm thinking the MA2 will still be better. In the end, it's hard to get an accurate comparison through videos unless both videos are done with identical sound capturing. Unless someone does a video on this before the official release, I'd be happy to record a short comparison when my MA2 eventually arrives, albeit with just my phone since I don't have any other sort of recording equipment. Should still be better than nothing.

I have the MAS props on my MP2 and can notice more of a difference in pitch then in noise level. Did get about a minute extra on battery (really subjective and to many variables to actually claim this) but it has been consistent over the past several months so although not much it is better battery life IMO. Besides that the orange color looks cool just sitting there.

Mas seen like overrated hype, except for the air, on which ANYTHING makes it sound better. I am also on the spark forum, and complaint or reports of minimal difference are frequent. Also frequent are the effects of the one piece propeller, which seeks to add complications, .. To say nothing if the gain changes and changes's necessary to an unbroke item.
Please advise if I'm talking nonsense, but it seems like dji might have looked at these shapes too, and anything that changes designed engine speeds and accordingly stress, also raises concern if it's not advantageous.
So..wozzup mas lovers? Saw 2 funny guys with handheld lucky packet decibel meters, but all they demonstrated was fundlebundle.

MA2 definitely sounds better than MA1 with MAS props. Didnt compare them side-by-side (MA1 went to its box when MA2 arrived) but 100pc sure - difference is significant

Reactions: Petrp314
The Air has smaller blades That have to spin faster...hence higher pitched noise. I suspect the the reason the Air 2 is so much bigger is to have larger, slower turning props, to give a lower pitched sound.

The larger size of the MA2 vs. MA1 is why I won't get an MA2. If I'm going to take that much space hit when folded up, I don't see enough advantage.

Maybe the MP3 will change my mind when it comes out.

I sold MA1 with MAS props a day before purchase of MA2. The difference still VERY significant. MA2 will make you smile the first flight compared to MA1... Day and night for both noise and pitch. Pleasant sound and OccuSync is the top upgrade from MA1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661