DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 vs MPP

RParker762

Reactions
In the scheme of things, is the Air 2 leaps and bounds better than the Platinum to the point one would be served better buying the Air 2 and selling the other? I understand it's newer and the tech is more advanced but, would one be better served waiting until the bugs are worked out of the Air 2? The reason I ask is the, "bank", aka wife, has given the go ahead to buy a new toy and I am trying to decided between the Mini fly more combo on the Prime Day deal @ 399.00 or just doubling down and getting the Air 2 non combo. I already own the Mavic Pro Platinum so not sure the Air 2 would be worth it at this point.

Reactions: mereflyer
As I have shared several times, the air2 pairs with the fly app.
If you are a Go4 app fan, you may be surprised at the difference between the two.
Good luck with your decision and hope you aren’t as disappointed as I was.
The mini that I had is no longer in my little group of flying cameras and I don’t miss the fly app at all.

As I have shared several times, the air2 pairs with the fly app.
If you are a Go4 app fan, you may be surprised at the difference between the two.
Good luck with your decision and hope you aren’t as disappointed as I was.
The mini that I had is no longer in my little group of flying cameras and I don’t miss the fly app at all.

Yeah, I don't care for the fly app but I am REALLY liking the active track and APAS on the Air 2 that I might be able to over look the fly app. Don't get me wrong, my MPP flys great and with Litchi it does wonders but I really want to not have any worries when tracking my Jeep off road. I still have not come anywhere close to using the MPP to it's full potential. The thought on getting the mini was mostly for indoor flying. I'm decent with the MPP but thats is a whole lotta angry machine too close for comfort.

Yeah, I don't care for the fly app but I am REALLY liking the active track and APAS on the Air 2 that I might be able to over look the fly app. Don't get me wrong, my MPP flys great and with Litchi it does wonders but I really want to not have any worries when tracking my Jeep off road. I still have not come anywhere close to using the MPP to it's full potential. The thought on getting the mini was mostly for indoor flying. I'm decent with the MPP but thats is a whole lotta angry machine too close for comfort.

When you think about it how many of us really use APAS, we don't often fly low enough to run into obstacles that we don't see
Also the mini is not the best for purely indoors, that's the realm of a Tello or a Tiny Whoop.

The MPP camera is comparable to MA2, so what your really paying for is extra range (would you ever get out that far) and flight time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've actually started to fly more and more FPV at low level, the DJI cruising around is getting a bit boring
An example of a tiny whoop flying indoors which starts at 18.00 min.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
I have both and enjoy both for similar reasons. Bought the Air 2 when the MPP went down and had it replaced but still fly both.
I'm on 14 acres of Grapes overlooking the Colorado River and fly the MPP around the homestead but take the Air 2 when I go camping and sightseeing.

People haven’t stopped busting on the fly app long enough to realize that it’s actually not that bad anymore.

What exactly is it that’s really of any significance that makes it as much of a factor as people make it sound like? So much so that it’s brought up as a deciding factor for a drone’s purchase. I’ve yet to hear anyone really articulate it effectively.

Reactions: LongRifle
I still have the original Mavic Pro, have had no problems at all. Like you my financial manager aka the wife with at big stick ? gave me the green light. So I bought the Mavic Air 2 combo with the two extra batteries.
Not disappointed at all, can’t understand why people complain about the app.
The Mavic Air 2 will be my go to for hiking,as it is lighter and more compact than the MP.
My advice for what it’s worth is to go for the MA2 combo well worth the money.

Reactions: LongRifle
I went with the MA2 instead of M2P and have been very pleased. I also have a Spark. Switching from GO4 to Fly was no problem.

I used to not be a fan of the battery and signal icons. It’s been fixed.. There’s nothing else really “bad” about the app to speak of...

In the scheme of things, is the Air 2 leaps and bounds better than the Platinum to the point one would be served better buying the Air 2 and selling the other? I understand it's newer and the tech is more advanced but, would one be better served waiting until the bugs are worked out of the Air 2? The reason I ask is the, "bank", aka wife, has given the go ahead to buy a new toy and I am trying to decided between the Mini fly more combo on the Prime Day deal @ 399.00 or just doubling down and getting the Air 2 non combo. I already own the Mavic Pro Platinum so not sure the Air 2 would be worth it at this point.

Never really bought into the next latest and greatest game. Still have my spark and platinum and still Have not been tempted to upgrade. I am happy and content with what I have. [emoji41]

or just doubling down and getting the Air 2 non combo.

If you are going to get an Air 2, you might as well get the combo. I don't know how you'd survive on just one battery. The batteries alone make the upgrade well worth it. Personally, I really like the bag too, though I guess if you already have a nice drone case/bag, that's not so important.

I love, love LOVE my MA2! I've also got a MP and until recently had a P4P. I also have a Mini and a Tello. The MA2 is my new fave!

I have both. The Fly app took a little getting used to. Once it was upgraded to show the battery countdown clearer my only complaint about it disappeared. I still like the Go4 app, but I don't miss it at all when flying my Air 2. The latest updates just made it that much better. I also have the Mini. I say skip it and save yourself a lot of money, because as much as I like the Mini I can guarantee you will want something better especially the much stronger signal from Occusync 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll