DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 will not connect to controller

Mr Perch

Reactions
I'm hoping someone can help out, my problem is that the RC will not connect with the my MA2 ... i've never had this happen before .. it's a mystery to me, any help will be much appreciated

Try re-linking the AC to the RC, if one method doesn't work try the other

Reactions: Mr Perch
I'm hoping someone can help out, my problem is that the RC will not connect with the my MA2 ... i've never had this happen before .. it's a mystery to me, any help will be much appreciated
Please help .. not being able to fly is killing me and i have some urgent drone business to attend too

Often this is the result of using a non-compatible USB cable, or phone/tablet. Always use the USB cable that came w/your monitor (Phone/tab). Do not plug the cable into the montoring device until after you have initialized both controller, then aircraft.

you're not by chance using the wrong app? I have both on my phone and I've made that mistake before.

If it was an app to RC problem, the app would say "RC not connected".

OP is saying the RC is not connecting to the AC. The RC itself will display if it's connected to the AC or not, even without the app.

Reactions: dawgpilot
If you can't get it working, the drone or RC might be defective. There were a few cases of that posted here shortly after the launch of the MA2. If that's the case, DJI will replace for free under warranty.

Try re-linking the AC to the RC, if one method doesn't work try the other

I tried both ways shown in the video, in one the first one i can't get into the connection interface at the 27 second mark and the 2nd way looked like it was going to work, everything went as it should have except the connection bit at the end

I tried both ways shown in the video, in one the first one i can't get into the connection interface at the 27 second mark and the 2nd way looked like it was going to work, everything went as it should have except the connection bit at the end

Since you can't get into the connection screen on the app in method 1 and you don't have the camera view coming up after connecting using method 2, it looks like a problem with the DJI Fly app.
I would uninstall DJI Fly and reload it from the app store again.

Just out of interest are you able to control the tilt of the camera on the AC by using the gimbal/scroll dial on the RC after linking using method 2 ?

Last edited:
Since you can't get into the connection screen on the app in method 1 and you don't have the camera view coming up after connecting using method 2, it looks like a problem with the DJI Fly app.
I would uninstall DJI Fly and reload it from the app store again.

Just out to interest are you able to control the tilt of the camera on the AC by using the gimbal/scroll dial on the RC after linking using method 2 ?
Well i got into the connection screen but it keeps saying linking failed .. No i can't move the gimbal

If you can't get it working, the drone or RC might be defective. There were a few cases of that posted here shortly after the launch of the MA2. If that's the case, DJI will replace for free under warranty.
It's been working perfect since i purchased it about 4 months ago then all of a sudden it won't connect and attempts to re-link keep failing .. does that sound like the trouble others have had ?

Often this is the result of using a non-compatible USB cable, or phone/tablet. Always use the USB cable that came w/your monitor (Phone/tab). Do not plug the cable into the montoring device until after you have initialized both controller, then aircraft.
It can't be that as it's been going fine until now and i've changed nothing

It's been working perfect since i purchased it about 4 months ago then all of a sudden it won't connect and attempts to re-link keep failing .. does that sound like the trouble others have had ?

Yes, in some of those cases the drone suddenly stopped connecting. Something with the radio connection inside the drone or controller failed apparently.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser