DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2UE3W vs MA2UE1N

Mine says MA2UE3W Inside the battery compartment and is the US/Canadian model. It states that on the FMC box along with ADS-B logo.

Mine has it too and works, I've seen the message come up twice to look on the map for aircraft location. They were more than a mile away and were no factor. I was at 350ft and they were at 800ft over the lake. Pretty neat it works.

Dji won’t just tell me if the hardware is in the drone , just keep that feature is not available in Europe at this time , just wondering if there’s any hacks to check it , has MA2UE3W also in side battery compartment,but no stickers on arm or box , says on box uk , bought it in Ireland

MA2UE3W should have the ADSB chip. I bought mine outside of the US and it has that model number. You can try to fake GPS to the US. If you have the chip then DJI Fly should ask if you want to turn on AirSense.

Thanks I’ll try that out
hi guys ,i downloaded fake gps and then us version of dji fly app ,set location in canada, started up drone and app ,and yes ,app asked me to turn on airsence,
but as soon as drone loaded home point the airsence option dissapeared, well i know now it has the hardware instaled ,Thanks

Reactions: dawgpilot
hi guys ,i downloaded fake gps and then us version of dji fly app ,set location in canada, started up drone and app ,and yes ,app asked me to turn on airsence,
but as soon as drone loaded home point the airsence option dissapeared, well i know now it has the hardware instaled ,Thanks
I was able to change my German location to Alburquerque (where I've been years ago) via a faking GPS tool on the Mac (connected to my iPhone).
Since I've got an E3W model I was interested what would happen... After switching on everything I was asked if I wanted to use the ADS-B warnings. So the chip should be inside!
Good to know I'am prepared in case ADS-B gets switched on in EU or at least in Germany. Got the right drone...

EDIT: No sign of ADSB on the box or the drone though

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is model MA2UE3W but (CN) version.
no mention ADS-B on the box though

Hi
Mine is model MA2UE3W but (CN) version.
no mention ADS-B on the box though
Hi my Mavic has same number ,. I used fake gps and app asked to enable airsence. , worked until it loaded home point , so they have the hardware installed, but this feature is not available in Europe

Doesn’t Europe use a different frequency than the US for proposed ADS-B.
To me it makes only sense if it is a worldwide standard for all airplanes - otherwise they must have different transponders for every continent (or even countries) and need to switch them on and off when crossing borders...

This I found here: Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) - SKYbrary Aviation Safety

Quote:

ADS-B is currently being, or already has been, implemented in North America, Europe and other areas worldwide including the Asia/Pacific region.

Global interoperability is ensured at application level and system level. The standards for ADS-B are being jointly developed by EUROCAE and RTCA. Relevant ICAO documentation is also produced.

The 1090 MHz Mode S Extended Squitter technology is used worldwide to ensure global interoperability. At local or regional level, other datalink technologies can be considered, e.g. the Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) system introduced in the USA.

Doesn’t Europe use a different frequency than the US for proposed ADS-B.
Not a lot is known about the ADS-B chip in the MA2. Here are a couple of possibilities for why it works in the US and Canada, but not elsewhere.
  1. ADS-B chip only supports 978 MHz which is used in the US and not 1090 MHz which is used in other countries. I don't fully understand it, but it seems the 1090 specification is more complex to implement.
  2. DJI did not apply to European and other authorities to use ADS-B. If you look in the battery compartment, most of the approvals are for the MA2UE1N model which does not have the ADS-B chip. This would require DJI to disable ADS-B in countries where they don't have approval.
There could be other possibilities as well.

Not a lot is known about the ADS-B chip in the MA2. Here are a couple of possibilities for why it works in the US and Canada, but not elsewhere.
  1. ADS-B chip only supports 978 MHz which is used in the US and not 1090 MHz which is used in other countries. I don't fully understand it, but it seems the 1090 specification is more complex to implement.
  2. DJI did not apply to European and other authorities to use ADS-B. If you look in the battery compartment, most of the approvals are for the MA2UE1N model which does not have the ADS-B chip. This would require DJI to disable ADS-B in countries where they don't have approval.
There could be other possibilities as well.
I would stand corrected. Thank you for your info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky