DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic air 2

Bornlser

Reactions
I finally had my first crash and it was pretty bad so now I'm in need of help can somebody steer me in the right direction as far as getting a gimbal and replacing it what do I have to get as far as new software and where do I get the gimbal that won't take months to to order cuz it's like losing a loved one I got to get it fixed

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss.

The gimbal can easily be replaced, as there are 6 screws that hold it in. It can be purchased at Cloud City Drones, US Drone Parts, and eBay, just to name a few. I’d recommend looking for a place that offers free shipping, as this part will cover most minimums.

Good luck getting her airborne soon.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss.

The gimbal can easily be replaced, as there are 6 screws that hold it in. It can be purchased at Cloud City Drones, US Drone Parts, and eBay, just to name a few. I’d recommend looking for a place that offers free shipping, as this part will cover most minimums.

Good luck getting her airborne soon.
Hi Tony, its not as simple as a physical / mechanical replacement. One has to run the calibration commands via firmware / python. Even then, you end up with a permanent error message in the fly app that will nag you to tell you your gimbal is not calibrated well / fully.

This is the best video to show you.

To OP, my recommendation is to send it in for DJI authorized repair. Take note that a self repair is going to cost you upwards of $200 ex-labour for the gimbal alone. Not to mention you get a permanent nagging about the "uncalibrated" gimbal. I suspect it just needs a pairing, for the drone main board to recognize the new serial no. of the new camera module. I doubt there is anything more than that but I may be mistaken.

Capture3242342.PNG

I'm curious actually how much DJI will actually charge for this repair out of pocket / out of warranty, in the US. There is another thread in this same subsection that shows DJI China charged a total of US$100 for even more works done including Gimbal.

PS : If you send it in, you can also purchase the DJI Care refresh when it comes back and you can then crash your drone and get a full replacement in 1 year for something like $150 IIRC.

Contact DJI Drone Services. They provide free estimates and free shipping. He can even do what's needed to get rid of the calibration nag as he's DJI factory trained and recommended.

Reactions: DDS
The estimate for repair will only be free if you authorize them to do the necessary repair. If not, they charge $69 for the estimate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya