DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic Air loss of image transmission on take off

Smudgesmiff

Reactions
All... I have been reading posts where image transmission is lost as soon as the mavic air goes above 2m... All cables changed, updates done, sending air back to exchange etc but still losing image transmission... I've solved the issue I had... I change the propellers from the original mavic props for cheap carbon props, when I took off I lost image transmission around 2m, still had control of the drone but just lost the image from camera... I replaced back with mavic air original props and no issues with image losing transmission, no idea why the props make a difference but guys if your having issues with losing image on take off don't waste your time thinking it's your cables or dodgy drone first just put your original props back on....

If someone knows why this happens please let me know, hope this fix works for you

Reactions: mnis
Maybe the vibrations hit a certain resonant frequency from using cf props enough to mess with the system....seems wayy odd though

Could be the carbon-fibre blades are attenuating the radio frequency [RF] - but the strange thing is that the Mavic Air's antenna's are in the landing legs - so I'd expect them to be under the prop's and still in contact with the RC controller ... Don't know why it would happen, but carbon in the blades will attenuate RF ... ?

Reactions: mnis
Could be the carbon-fibre blades are attenuating the radio frequency [RF] - but the strange thing is that the Mavic Air's antenna's are in the landing legs - so I'd expect them to be under the prop's and still in contact with the RC controller ... Don't know why it would happen, but carbon in the blades will attenuate RF ... ?
Cheers for that... Yes it's strange but after many days scratching head and doing all what everyone suggested.... a simple change of props sorted this issue out, thanks :)

There have been various reports of problems with CF props with the possibility of an induced electrical/static charge being the cause. Then again, some fly them without problems.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
All... I have been reading posts where image transmission is lost as soon as the mavic air goes above 2m... All cables changed, updates done, sending air back to exchange etc but still losing image transmission... I've solved the issue I had... I change the propellers from the original mavic props for cheap carbon props, when I took off I lost image transmission around 2m, still had control of the drone but just lost the image from camera... I replaced back with mavic air original props and no issues with image losing transmission, no idea why the props make a difference but guys if your having issues with losing image on take off don't waste your time thinking it's your cables or dodgy drone first just put your original props back on....

If someone knows why this happens please let me know, hope this fix works for you
Carbon spun acts as barrier to wireless transmission

Carbon spun acts as barrier to wireless transmission
Yeah - but the Mavic Air's antenna's are under the prop's in clear LOS of the transmitter - any theory as to how the c-f props are still affecting the RF? [note - I'm not being sarcastic - I'm genuinely mystified and interested in this!]. I'd expect RF block if the prop's were spinning between the Mavic's antennas and the RC controller ... [???]

Yeah - but the Mavic Air's antenna's are under the prop's in clear LOS of the transmitter - any theory as to how the c-f props are still affecting the RF? [note - I'm not being sarcastic - I'm genuinely mystified and interested in this!]. I'd expect RF block if the prop's were spinning between the Mavic's antennas and the RC controller ... [???]
Gotta plot the transmit field bloom. I dont believe the bloom is full directional to favor you. Bulges will affect you. Recall relative potential, the spun conductive electrons whirling ultrafast, creates this bloom field, in turn bulges, and since so near, affects transmission reception. Youve misunderstood the imparted spun of charged particles.

Gotta plot the transmit field bloom. I dont believe the bloom is full directional to favor you. Bulges will affect you. Recall relative potential, the spun conductive electrons whirling ultrafast, creates this bloom field, in turn bulges, and since so near, affects transmission reception. Youve misunderstood the imparted spun of charged particles.
Sound like I've also misunderstood all the lectures, reseach and learning I received in my training as a telecommunications engineer too ...

Had same problem immediately after the last firmware update. Have had my air for 1.5 years never a problem in past.

Fixed problem by reselecting manual 5G transmission and rebooting controller and drone. Problem has not reappeared since. Hope that helps. Cheers KangaAir

Sound like I've also misunderstood all the lectures, reseach and learning I received in my training as a telecommunications engineer too ...
That edify excludes whirling charged particles esp the phenomena at higher rpm. Consider the fluctuating motor's field bloom too interacting in such close proximity to antenna stilts?

Theres good reason why stock doesnt interfere. I believe the recipe does not resemble identical composite matrix acclaimed as whisker fiberglass (non conductive) and resin binder polyamide (non conductive).

Oh! Forgot to mention the whirling charged particles are also interacting with radiated energies from many sources too. Dont you believe whirling equivalently resembles planar circle of conductive media?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S