DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference and compass calibration failure

Another thing...If i disconnet the phone from the controller, am I still able to fly or not?

And perhaps move it away from the steel cup filled with silverware, while you're at it...
Done mate, i got the same problem again today in the air after i took off in a farm with no magnetic interference problems, at 30 mt high gave me the magnetic interference and when I downed it gave me again magnetic interference again, took off and landed in the exact same place :/ don't understand

Reactions: Budmancan
I haven't used the DJI Assistant program much - and don't know if what I'm going to suggest is available in there, but... Back in the days of flying my Phantom 2, you were able to view the compass values within the DJI computer program. On more than one occasion, my compass values were way off. It seems that the compass would pick up magnetism, throwing its values way off - causing the Phantom 2 to fly irradically.

To fix this, I needed to have the P2 connected to the software, so that I could view its compass values in real time. Then I would take a big magnet and wave it around in circles over the compass (not in direct contact, but darn close). If the compass values headed in the wrong direction while I was doing this, that just meant that I had to flip the magnet over, as I was applying the wrong polarity. It's called *degaussing the compass*. I don't know if DJI Assistant has the ability to show real time compass values. But I do know that this would fix the compass issue, and get rid of magnetic interference.

I haven't used the DJI Assistant program much - and don't know if what I'm going to suggest is available in there, but... Back in the days of flying my Phantom 2, you were able to view the compass values within the DJI computer program. On more than one occasion, my compass values were way off. It seems that the compass would pick up magnetism, throwing its values way off - causing the Phantom 2 to fly irradically.

To fix this, I needed to have the P2 connected to the software, so that I could view its compass values in real time. Then I would take a big magnet and wave it around in circles over the compass (not in direct contact, but darn close). If the compass values headed in the wrong direction while I was doing this, that just meant that I had to flip the magnet over, as I was applying the wrong polarity. It's called *degaussing the compass*. I don't know if DJI Assistant has the ability to show real time compass values. But I do know that this would fix the compass issue, and get rid of magnetic interference.
Does it work for the Mavic Pro too?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa