DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic Interference

Ziba

Reactions
I had the opportunity to take aerial images of an old railroad trestle in the woods. The problem was that because of the metal railroad tracks, and because of a deep forest on either side, there was no way to avoid the magnetic interference. I chose not to fly.

The questions is, if I had chosen to fly and kept the Mavic 2 Pro close and in line of sight could I have safely flown it - just vertical over the trestle. There was no where else to launch.

Thanks

I would have had launch between the tracks leading up to the trestle. So, even if there is interference would that affect my ability to control the drone via line of sight?

I would have had launch between the tracks leading up to the trestle. So, even if there is interference would that affect my ability to control the drone via line of sight?

Potentially, yes. But it's easy to identify. Power up the aircraft and check that the orientation arrow on the map is pointing in the same direction, relative to north, as the aircraft. If it is then you are good to launch. I would avoid flying through a metal trestle structure though - there have been several cases of those causing yaw errors and uncontrolled flight.

Reactions: maohmc
I think you’re fine my drone is constantly telling me magnetic interference and I don’t know why when I am not near anything or flying near anything metal

I think you’re fine my drone is constantly telling me magnetic interference and I don’t know why when I am not near anything or flying near anything metal

That's probably an entirely different issue. You would be wise not to ignore it though.

The situation under discussion here is well understood and has caused many uncontrolled flights and crashed aircraft.

Reactions: slup
I sure wish I could understand what causes it I know vehicles cause it and I stand at least 50 feet away from my car but I still get the notices I don’t know how in the world people sit in their cars and fly their drones

I sure wish I could understand what causes it I know vehicles cause it and I stand at least 50 feet away from my car but I still get the notices I don’t know how in the world people sit in their cars and fly their drones

In terms of flight stability it's only the aircraft that cares about interference, so sitting in a vehicle when controlling the aircraft won't have any negative effects. The app magnetic interference messages can be due to a range of different issues - without looking at the sensor values and the flight DAT logs it is impossible to say what might be causing them.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
In terms of flight stability it's only the aircraft that cares about interference, so sitting in a vehicle when controlling the aircraft won't have any negative effects. The app magnetic interference messages can be due to a range of different issues - without looking at the sensor values and the flight DAT logs it is impossible to say what might be causing them.
Good to know thank you for that however I’m still trying to learn how to upload data from crystal sky ,some of the people say that you can’t do it with the Mavic two pro?You can only think it to Dji is that true

Good to know thank you for that however I’m still trying to learn how to upload data from crystal sky ,some of the people say that you can’t do it with the Mavic two pro?You can only think it to Dji is that true

I've only used a loaner DJI CS unit when I was testing the beta version of the Pilot app to evaluate it for data security, but I had no problems extracting the files back then. Are you not able to access the file structure, or are you not finding the files? Are these txt logs or DAT logs that you are trying to get?

I've only used a loaner DJI CS unit when I was testing the beta version of the Pilot app to evaluate it for data security, but I had no problems extracting the files back then. Are you not able to access the file structure, or are you not finding the files? Are these txt logs or DAT logs that you are trying to get?
I would like to know how to do text and data as I know I will need to in the future all I can bring up so far is the flight path and stick commands

Right, but which files are you trying to get from the CS?
Whatever helps people determine stuff I don’t really know I hear a text is the most useful

Whatever helps people determine stuff I don’t really know I hear a text is the most useful

Have you tried the method described here:

Reactions: sar104

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121