DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Main Board connector replacement

JupiterX

Reactions
Hi there,
I need to replace one of the connectors on the main board (see picture) which got damaged due to a crash. I have no idea what part number to order.
So far I bought several types and neither one of them fits the header connector on the Backward Vision System Module Flat Cable.
Hope someone might be able to help.
Thanks.Main Board.png

Reactions: TreeHugger
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

likely you either have to buy a main board or buy a damaged drone to acquire the part.
Let’s see if other ideas are posted here.

Welcome to the forums!
Sorry to hear of your issue! I'm thinking @Thomas B is on to something is the above response - normally it is the cable that suffers, the motherboard connectors are harder to hurt.
Looking more closely, there appear to be ~50 connections to the MB. I'm guessing that it is not designed to be human-replaceable. Maybe one of the more experienced persons will offer up an opinion.
I have "unbent" pins before using the back side of a pointed x-acto blade. Hard to tell what exactly is bad - guessing the entire bottom (rear) row of connections.
Capture.PNG

Thank you. Great place to get to know more about these drones.

It's indeed a 50 Pins socket connector. I attached a picture of the damaged connector which is definitely beyond repair. Replacing it will be the only option and the Panasonic AXT550124 comes quite close.

Attachments

• Connector.jpeg
    Connector.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Wow
Reactions: TreeHugger
Nice. You wouldn't think DJI manufactures their own - maybe add damaged board for parts to your search criteria.
The "fixacrash" people have helped me in recent past - dollars to donuts they have old boards stacked up :)

Nice. You wouldn't think DJI manufactures their own - maybe add damaged board for parts to your search criteria.
The "fixacrash" people have helped me in recent past - dollars to donuts they have old boards stacked up :)

Found a solution. The same connector sits on the P03145 flex cable (think it's called Backward Vision System Module Flat Cable). Took the connector off this cable and soldered it onto the main board. Now there is some testing to do ...
Thank you for your input.

You got skills, man!
Love it. Hope it works out for you.

Found a solution. The same connector sits on the P03145 flex cable (think it's called Backward Vision System Module Flat Cable). Took the connector off this cable and soldered it onto the main board. Now there is some testing to do ...
Thank you for your input.
Did you succeed? I'll have to replace the ESC connector on mine, waiting for parts right now...

Yes. Connector was transferred to the main board, tested and working well.
Congrats, and amazing soldering skill!!! It seems taking off a connector like that is 10 times harder than soldering it. Anyway I'll attempt my first micro soldering with a new connector.

I had same problem. But 2 fpc was damaged here. ESC fpc connector and also gimbal fpc connector. I bought 2 flex cables to remove fpc connector and replace in main board of mavic 2 pro. ESC worked great. But Gimbal not, because pins positions was different in cable than in main board. Connector is the same, but different pins position.

See picture. Blue circle was fixed, red circle not. I already removed component, I just need find fpc connector to solve it. Could someone help me find it? Thanks

6344EB30-0FF9-4B67-AF50-9789934681FA.jpeg72D566A0-A0F7-4B33-8A17-3D802C88C7C7.jpegDF294386-0CDB-4C88-8775-F5FFE9F6F056.jpegEEF0EFCD-2D35-44CF-9DE6-3EE4E0608750.png

Great work with the soldering! I searched through digi-key but unfortunately couldn't find those connectors that are exactly the same as DJI used. There are many 0.4mm pitch connectors that look very similar but not exactly the same.

For me I only had to replace the ESC connector which I also took from a spare ECS ribbon cable. Good luck!
I had same problem. But 2 fpc was damaged here. ESC fpc connector and also gimbal fpc connector. I bought 2 flex cables to remove fpc connector and replace in main board of mavic 2 pro. ESC worked great. But Gimbal not, because pins positions was different in cable than in main board. Connector is the same, but different pins position.

See picture. Blue circle was fixed, red circle not. I already removed component, I just need find fpc connector to solve it. Could someone help me find it? Thanks

Try search on digi-key maybe you get lucky. I was talking about the 34-pin ESC connector that I couldn't find on digi-key.

Looking at your pictures again it seems all the pins are more or less intact, just the housing got broken. Maybe it still works? Just need to be super careful aligning the two connectors as they don't snap together anymore apparently.
Thanks for your help. I forgot to say. It's 40 pins fpc connector.

I sent picture to digi-key and they indicated that this connector: DF40C-40DS-0.4V(51) Hirose Electric Co Ltd | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

They don't know if it is this connector. Because the had only board picture I gave them.. But looking it, seems exactly same.. I am from Brazil, digi-keys o ly ship to USA.. I Bought from them and shipped it to shipping redirector company, they will ship it to me tomorrow.. Hope it works.. Trying fixing this drone for several months

If so, I think I will be able to recovery main board, and drone itself..

See picture comparing.

Attachments

• CF694045-70BC-4370-A5EE-80EDB63ED153.jpeg
    CF694045-70BC-4370-A5EE-80EDB63ED153.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 3E515CF5-6B27-4541-97C5-D1D05F1619BD.jpeg
    3E515CF5-6B27-4541-97C5-D1D05F1619BD.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 321F222F-C9F5-4E18-AB73-47D5F03F768D.jpeg
    321F222F-C9F5-4E18-AB73-47D5F03F768D.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 313A65EA-4554-48EC-B767-B6F8CAC5C41A.jpeg
    313A65EA-4554-48EC-B767-B6F8CAC5C41A.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 24
Hi All,
I have a similar situation with my mavic mini, it is broken because there is smail plastic glue at the corner of the connector I am now awared of. When I disconnect, the corner piece is broken and come out together. May I know what it is called and how to replace that socket.

Please see the picture

Attachments

• mavicMiniBoard.jpg
    mavicMiniBoard.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 9
  • mavicMiniMotherBoard.jpg
    mavicMiniMotherBoard.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics