DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maintenance care for the Mavic Mini

shaneb50

Reactions
Greetings fellow flyers. I have a question about proper maintenance care,Like how do I get the motors clean from dirt,etc
And after over 212 flights is there any
Concern about motor burn out after so many flights?
I want my mini drone to last for as long as it can.

So far this drone has been working really great I keep it clean and make sure the propellers are not bent and on perfectly

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated and thank you all so much
This is the best site around.God bless you all

Reactions: Mrmund
Some people may suggest blow air through them, I would be inclined to stick a vacuum cleaner nozzle over them and suck air through them.
You might also be able to run a thin sliver of paper around the core (stator) between the magnets of the motor's outer (rotor) and the poles of the stator.
DO NOT put magnetic metal tools or tweezers or needles etc. in there to poke or pick out any debris. In fact I wouldn't put anything hard in there at all for fear of scratching the insulation on the stator's windings.

That said I would think these motors have intended life spans for clean enviroment flying i.e. without ingesting dirt, grit or sand etc. and without maintenance in the hundreds if not thousands of hours

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: shaneb50
Probably just give it a wipe down with damp microfibre
Unless you fly in super dusty conditions I wouldn't worry about the motors

Reactions: shaneb50
Thank you both so much for your help. I mostly fly in no dirt areas and on concrete
lol I think these motors could keep going for a very long time to come
So far it’s been a tough little drone and smooth flying ??

Reactions: ff22
Most of the maintenance when it comes to drones is preventive ... you usually don't swap parts out after a certain amount of hours & fly on until the next swap.

It's 4 main areas that should be taken care of, either by repetitive checks or with a proper handling behavior.

1. Props: Check them for cracks, scratches or other damages before every flight ... & especially for the Mini, check if they've been bent out of shape. If nicked, swap them out ... props are cheap & they keep your drone airborne.

2. Motors: Avoid to start up from ground that are dusty or covered by small thing's that can be thrown up & into the motors at take off or landing. Use a pad or take on a hand launch/land behavior to minimize this risk with debris in the motors. If you have been taking off or landed in dirty conditions blow through them carefully with canned air & check so all motors are rotating freely without any harsh feeling.

3. Frame: Check periodically over the frame, legs, joints & motor attachments visually after cracks and check so all screws are properly tightened.

4. Batteries: Here you in general have 24/7 maintenance as soon as you have activated the battery after purchase. See to that the battery is at 40-60% during storage and consider below 15% & 100% to be a bad thing for your battery & bring it down/up to storage level as soon as possible. Keep them stored in room temp, don't charge them hot, let them cool down to room temp again before filling them again.

Reactions: shaneb50 and ff22
Excellent suggestions and thank you all so very very for your helpful advice and great information. I shall do so. Have a great week and God bless ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll