DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAKE IT STOP! BUT HOW!!!!

Archon<>Procyon

Reactions
I’ve searched this forums old threads, new threads, google searches, bing searches but I cannot for the life of me find an answer on how to stop the DJI GO 4 app from continuing to take on more and more and more storage space on my iPhone XR! Regardless of how trivial it sounds to you, or if you think I’ve probably already tried it please for the love of god post it anyway! Bear in mind, I never had this problem with my Platinum and I did use the same app. Could that somehow be adding to this storage overload?? I’m lost obviously, please help a struggling pilot in need lol!

I’ve searched this forums old threads, new threads, google searches, bing searches but I cannot for the life of me find an answer on how to stop the DJI GO 4 app from continuing to take on more and more and more storage space on my iPhone XR!
Turn off video caching and delete the cached video files that are taking up space.

Open app hit me then gear top right and there it is.
9EB9392C-6E46-4ED2-A3CB-E6DDC3FF403D.png

Turn off video caching and delete the cached video files that are taking up space.
I have tried that and apparently that’s not the culprit. After I initially tried it and it didn’t work I turned off the cache video and cache maps in background settings and still it keeps slowly but surely using more space. Could it be the flight records taking up nearly 25 gb? I don’t want to erase them but if that’s it I’ll do it. I deleted 15 of them one day to see if it had any impact on the storage at all but, much to my surprise, it didn’t lower the storage at all. I appreciate the insight @Meta4 and @dirkclod if you can think of anything else at all please let me know I’m to the point where I’m gonna have to delete the app and the connected data and start all over, and I’m sure you fellas know that’s not a very pleasant thing to have to do ?

Could it be the flight records taking up nearly 25 gb? I don’t want to erase them but if that’s it I’ll do it.
Flight records are small.
Cached video is much larger.
Search your phone for video files (hmm .. just remembering how Apple don't allow you to easily see what's in there.

Reactions: Archon<>Procyon
Flight records are small.
Cached video is much larger.
Search your phone for video files (hmm .. just remembering how Apple don't allow you to easily see what's in there.
That’s funny you mention that because yesterday I connected to iTunes and I did find flight logs that were fairly large, but only a couple the rest were tiny kB files of 50 or less, but I couldn’t erase them only share them. I’m thinking that may be the path I may need to investigate further. Much appreciated my friend, I will get to the bottom of this, someday ?

I have tried that and apparently that’s not the culprit. After I initially tried it and it didn’t work I turned off the cache video and cache maps in background settings and still it keeps slowly but surely using more space. Could it be the flight records taking up nearly 25 gb? I don’t want to erase them but if that’s it I’ll do it. I deleted 15 of them one day to see if it had any impact on the storage at all but, much to my surprise, it didn’t lower the storage at all. I appreciate the insight @Meta4 and @dirkclod if you can think of anything else at all please let me know I’m to the point where I’m gonna have to delete the app and the connected data and start all over, and I’m sure you fellas know that’s not a very pleasant thing to have to do ?
I 0 out my cache every week. I have never had a problem. Course
i dump my sd card after every outing and reformat it in app.
I store nothing in the app .Dont need to.

I 0 out my cache every week. I have never had a problem. Course
i dump my sd card after every outing and reformat it in app.
I store nothing in the app .Dont need to.
As far as I know I don’t store anything either, if so I don’t realize I’m doing it. This is very helpful information though I’m at least getting feedback that I can follow up on and that’s all I can hope for right now. Once again, I surely do appreciate you taking a minute to lend some thoughts!

Reactions: dirkclod
As far as I know I don’t store anything either, if so I don’t realize I’m doing it. This is very helpful information though I’m at least getting feedback that I can follow up on and that’s all I can hope for right now. Once again, I surely do appreciate you taking a minute to lend some thoughts!
What does yours look like here . See I have all mine deleted
AD128093-E9D5-45C8-A01F-D304DDC798A9.png
Now I’m not using a phone but a 128gb ipad.

What does yours look like here . See I have all mine deleted
View attachment 106932
Now I’m not using a phone but a 128gb ipad.
Yea I do to. Man if it was only that easy! I’m gonna give it a few days see if I get lucky. Sometimes I think I’m doing something wrong simply because it makes no sense why the storage is so high. What I’m really hoping to stumble upon is someone who reads this and has had a similar problem that can tell me exactly what I’m missin because I have a gut feeling it’s something very simple that I’m missing. It’s pretty frustrating!01EDF21F-2818-4F33-BF37-BFB35B70E1AE.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod
Do you have it set to automatically download HD pictures? In your Go4 ->Editor under Albums do you see a bunch of pictures? that might be the culprit.

Have you checked if the app saves pictures directly to your phone?

[EDIT]: As Dakarenduro said in the post above, better explained. Check that.

Do you have it set to automatically download HD pictures? In your Go4 ->Editor under Albums do you see a bunch of pictures? that might be the culprit.
Actually I do have it set to auto sync hd (that’s what you’re referring to correct?) but I delete them as soon as I get them transferred to a flash drive. Then I always clear the cache. As far as pics under the albums tab I erase them after nearly every flight, sometimes 2 flights but that’s the max. Maybe somehow they are getting saved and I do not know where to look besides the tabs and cache. Is there somewhere else they may end up being saved to?

Actually I do have it set to auto sync hd (that’s what you’re referring to correct?) but I delete them as soon as I get them transferred to a flash drive. Then I always clear the cache. As far as pics under the albums tab I erase them after nearly every flight, sometimes 2 flights but that’s the max. Maybe somehow they are getting saved and I do not know where to look besides the tabs and cache. Is there somewhere else they may end up being saved to?

By “the albums tab”, you do mean the “album” in the DJI GO4 app? Not any album in the iPhone?

Reactions: Archon<>Procyon
By “the albums tab”, you do mean the “album” in the DJI GO4 app? Not any album in the iPhone?
Correct
I was just getting ready to post what happened. After I tried and tried and tried everything I had read and all the good suggestions I was able to get on this forum, I came to the conclusion a reset to to the GO 4 App was my only real option. I had nearly 26 gb in data and documents. So I synced all my fight records and saved my login info “gulp’ and deleted the app along with all my data.
So I downloaded the app again and signed in, and much to my surprise and joy, was all my content like flight records, my settings even the spash page for my flight records. So I looked at my storage in my iPhone settings and the 26 gb that had been in my documents and data was reduced to 315 mb! I was so happy and wanted to thank everyone that did chime in to try to help, it’s very much appreciated!
Still can’t believe that actually worked ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada