DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Making 360 pano with MM2 ?

Looks great. I have ordered a MM2 today to start making sky panoramas without having to get the full A2 drone license that the EU requires to fly a Mavic Air 2 or Pro. I know how to do sphericals with a DSLR (see virtualtours.nl) but want to learn first to expand my vision to the sky without having to do a € 199 course first.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning! Any tips on how you created this beautiful shot?
Panorama is shot with DNGs (JPGs are 4x smaller in pano mode, and there is a chance to get better dynamic range out of DNG). Unfortunately, most of my apps read DNGs with ugly pinkish color cast (there are dozens of apps but just a few libraries that do the real decoding), so I found out the best way is to convert them from DNG to TIFF 16-bit in an old PS (I'd say it's a crucial step to get a "good looking source", adjust highlights/shadows, etc) and then TIFFs are used for stitching (I use ICE, very old PTgui or AutoPano, AutoPano stitches better than the rest but I hate the workflow)
And I use skyfill by @Dr. Sybren to fill the missing sky.

PS. And I need a luck to be in the right place in the right time :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDude
That is right out of the Fly app.
I realize it can be made in the fly app, but when exporting the file to anything other than the phone the fly app is on, I just get a globe photo without the option to move the photo, zoom, etc. Which settings need to be changed in the app to be able to export to a pc, like yours above?

I realize it can be made in the fly app, but when exporting the file to anything other than the phone the fly app is on, I just get a globe photo without the option to move the photo, zoom, etc. Which settings need to be changed in the app to be able to export to a pc, like yours above?
Mini 2 sphere panorama image size low and not recognised in facebook - this is my response, for someone who knows exiftool, but read the whole thread to get the idea what's going on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito