DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Man this thing is FAST!

rjwerth

Reactions
OK, so this is my first expensive drone. My previous flying RC things all cost less than $60. Today was the first day it wasn't windy and/or raining so I actually got to take the air above the trees for the first time. It took me all of 2 seconds to realize that I could now just open the thing up and let'r rip. Whoa. That thing can move! I was flying all over the place. "Oh, hey now...let's try Sport mode!" (yeah...I was excited before turning on Sport mode). Geez. I was passing cars, those tiny things waaay down there. Incredible.

Couldn't be happier with my purchase right now....

Just don't fly directly above cars or distract drivers. ;)
I was chasing trains yesterday, not directly over the tracks obviously.
Don't do crazy maneuvers, some have accidentally triggered CSC and had their drone motors stopped midair and drop like a brick.
76kph was my top speed.:cool:

Don't do crazy maneuvers, some have accidentally triggered CSC and had their drone motors stopped midair and drop like a brick.

Can CSC be done airborne? Heard that there is.a safety guard to avoid that....

Reactions: wsteele
The first time with the Mavic when the realization hits... This thing is awesome !!

I found it quite agile in Sports mode considering it is not intended as an FPV drone, and though I barely use that function, it's fun to turn on every now and then.
Definitely a step up from a $60,- drone. Congrats on the upgrade!

DJI states top speed of 68.4 kph....what did you do to get your Air to 76 kph!? That’s almost another 5 mph. I’m sure n for whatever mod you did. Thanks!

DJI states top speed of 68.4 kph....what did you do to get your Air to 76 kph!? That’s almost another 5 mph. I’m sure n for whatever mod you did. Thanks!
Don't need mods. Just tail wind. But from a couple of firmware upgrades ago, it seems to be harder to do, cos the software limits the acceleration. But I found DJI Goggles + Fixed Wing Mode + Full Throttle with tail winds seems to work best. :)

I was 200' up. Pretty sure I wasn't directly over any cars. Lucky to live in the country where I can roam around without bothering anyone.

Reactions: stberlin
Can CSC be done airborne? Heard that there is.a safety guard to avoid that....
CSC is CSC because there's not really a maneuver you'd need to perform that does that motion.

Tailwind + Descending in sport mode with original firmware already could made 24.4m/s = 87.84kph on my Air
I remember someone did a faster record but I can't find the source anymore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d