DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mandatory training UK?

majkpajk1200

Reactions
Hi all
I am new to flying with my drone. Is there anyone that knows about legislation in regards flying with drones in Residential areas in the United Kingdom? Do I need to take some sort of mandatory training and/or have insurance etc. Is there any sort of legislation in regards to this.. if so...where can I find more information?

Many thanks

there is no mandatory training in the UK at the moment ,unless you want to fly commercially ,as a hobby flyer you need to follow the drone code,you can get third party liability cover by joining the BMFA membership gives you that ,also there are several apps that help you to know what sort of airspace you are able to fly in, the two i use are drone assist, and air map i also have sky wise the CAA site which gives you info on upcoming air space restrictions, and keeps you up to date on the new rules that are coming later this year there are plenty of helpful videos on social media to watch as well good luck with your flying

there is no mandatory training in the UK at the moment ,unless you want to fly commercially ,as a hobby flyer you need to follow the drone code,you can get third party liability cover by joining the BMFA membership gives you that ,also there are several apps that help you to know what sort of airspace you are able to fly in, the two i use are drone assist, and air map i also have sky wise the CAA site which gives you info on upcoming air space restrictions, and keeps you up to date on the new rules that are coming later this year there are plenty of helpful videos on social media to watch as well good luck with your flying

ah.. OK. Thank you.. it helps.. I also found an article that answered some of my questions. Many thanks

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi
There are regulations we need to comply with, these are set out in the Drone Code which you can see and download at dronesafe.uk. You will see that you are not allowed to fly in residential areas as that would constitute a built up area. As old man mavic said if you want to fly commercially you need to do PfCO issued by the CAA. As a hobbyist you don't need any specific training, but in November this year the CAA will be requiring any drone over 250g to be registered and drone users to take an online test. This is not in place yet, so keep an eye on the forum to see when this gets rolled out.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone