DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manhattan Beach, California

Sims

Reactions
A friend wants to buy my Mavic Pro...I am flying my replacement Mavic Pro 2 Zoom. See drone videos in YouTube of Manhattan Beach. The local drone ordnance looks ok to pilot there. Any locals can share an issues about flying there from the beach? Thanks in advance for your input.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
This time of year you'll be fine. It's too cold for the drone nags to be out (East coast pilots I know what you are thinking)!! We get cold here in So Cal at 60-degrees . . .

Anywhere between Herondo Street (Redondo Beach to the south) and Artesia Boulevard (Manhattan Beach to the north) should be good. Artesia is buffeting LAX's NFZ so stay waaaay south of there. Torrance airport's NFZ ends right at Herondo Street. There are like 5 airports in that area but you can get up.

I have flown there a few times in the summer but too many beach goers for me. Now is a good time though. It's a very small window but only at the beach.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Stay south of 28th Street else you will in LAX Class D airspace. Best to plan your flight using Airmap or similar app.

I've never flown there, unless you pick a quiet time of day you will likely attract attention.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d