DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Manhattan Sunrise

Taken from Jersey City Early morning.

I loved this footage! Can you please tell me your procedure? (I mean the filming part, such as the following
Video. frames per second (frame rate)
Auto or manual?
hyperlapse or regular speed? (where the traffic is fast-in camera or in editing?)

Dale

Reactions: dronertv
Taken from Jersey City Early morning.

That was spectacular. It seemed like a very easy flight across the Hudson. I like the "climb" up the side of the tower. So much to video. You have subject matter for a life time. We always take a week in Manhattan right by Brookfield Place. I got a glimpse of the area in your video.

I loved this footage! Can you please tell me your procedure? (I mean the filming part, such as the following
Video. frames per second (frame rate)
Auto or manual?
hyperlapse or regular speed? (where the traffic is fast-in camera or in editing?)

Dale
Thanks Dale. I have been asked a lot of questions about this video here and in other places I posted it. So I made a blog post about my experience. I share my camera settings and more in the post.

That was spectacular. It seemed like a very easy flight across the Hudson. I like the "climb" up the side of the tower. So much to video. You have subject matter for a life time. We always take a week in Manhattan right by Brookfield Place. I got a glimpse of the area in your video.
Thanks. Yes, it was an easy flight for the location. There was hardly any air traffic or boat traffic that morning.

Very professional. Hope you get free Colgate for life and guaranteed pearly weight teeth which you have already. Will listen to the blog.

Having read the blog I am in awe. So much tech knowledge-brilliant. The one thing I want to know is, can I presume you had multiple LAANC approvals for your sorties? I only ask as I haven’t yet done one and aim to do so in Florida in April. I do hope they are easy and I understand I have to unlock something in dji Fly too having got LAANC approval. Does that release reminder pop up automatically when I go to fly?

Beautiful video, that is a tough place to fly a drone with most of the river being a Restricted Flight Area including the Hudson River Exclusion and the East River Exclusion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 9.11.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 9.11.31 AM.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 4
Having read the blog I am in awe. So much tech knowledge-brilliant. The one thing I want to know is, can I presume you had multiple LAANC approvals for your sorties? I only ask as I haven’t yet done one and aim to do so in Florida in April. I do hope they are easy and I understand I have to unlock something in dji Fly too having got LAANC approval. Does that release reminder pop up automatically when I go to fly?
Thanks. LAANC is not too difficult. I find Airmap to be user-friendly to apply for LAANC. Sometimes you will need to apply for DJI unlock and sometimes not. It is all location-specific. No, you can’t guarantee that something is going to pop up automatically. It is up to the remote Pilot to do the research and know the airspace. It is always best to err on the side of caution if you are unsure rather than fly blindly.

Reactions: twickers14
Beautiful video, that is a tough place to fly a drone with most of the river being a Restricted Flight Area including the Hudson River Exclusion and the East River Exclusion.
Yes, it is not the easiest place to fly. We had several spotters. There are also special flight rules to be aware of in the exclusion zones.

Reactions: sancap
Yes, it is not the easiest place to fly. We had several spotters. There are also special flight rules to be aware of in the exclusion zones.
How do you get past the requirements of 14CFR 93.351, Self announce position on the appropriate radio frequency for the East River or Hudson River as depicted on the New York VFR Terminal Area Chart?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400