DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual HDR

Vas

Reactions
Can I shoot HDR photos in manual settings? It will not let me do that for some reason.

In shooting HDR, the camera automatically takes several photos at different exposures. It is not manual by definition.

In shooting HDR, the camera automatically takes several photos at different exposures. It is not manual by definition.

What I meant to say was, when I switch to HDR photo mode it won’t let me switch to manual settings, is this normal?

HDR by definition is an automatic process, not manual so it's normal.

On my DSLR, the +/- bracketed exposures are indeed automatic, but you can start from a manual setting exposure position and goes from there. In fact, I prefer to dial in my own manual position, then say "bracket from here".

[Edit: I don't know if the Mavic allows it, but it should. I should be able to set the core exposure manually, just as I do on my DSLRs.]

Chris

Reactions: BluecornNM
You can get the hdr effect by just taking multiple still images the normal way and caring the exposure to taste. You will need to post process to meld the normal stills into an hdr image.

On my DSLR, the +/- bracketed exposures are indeed automatic, but you can start from a manual setting exposure position and goes from there. In fact, I prefer to dial in my own manual position, then say "bracket from here".
That is very possible with the Mavic as well and I have done it plenty of times with my Mavic Air. Frame the shot, adjust your base exposure, open camera settings, go in to the AEB mode, pick 3 or 5, and then shoot.

Reactions: Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claude72