DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual Mission Launch?

Gecko10

Reactions
I am studying Litchi to use when the weather warms back up. Everything has been pretty easy to understand except how to launch a mission manually,

Likewise how to you launch an FPV flight.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Typically after one creates the Mission the first Waypoint is near the take off destination. So what I do is use DJIGO4 and fly the Mavic to an area near the first waypoint. Then I close DJIGO4 on the device. Dont worry the Mavic is still connected to the remote controller for full control. Then I launch Lichti. Tap the Waypoints icon on the upper left side of the display. Then tap the folder icon on the left side of the display. This shows missions that are available to be flown. Then I tap and open the mission and then just adjust settings for camera if needed and then tap the Play button below the folder icon on the left side. Drone flys to first waypoint and begins mission.

FPV is launched from the toolbar at the top of the screen next to the Waypoint mission.

Reactions: FL AV8R
Thanks. I was thinking about loading the Mission then start to fly in the FPV mode. Then fly to the altitude and proximity of WP1, then switch to the WP mode and start the mission..??????????????

If it wasn't so darn cold here I could try some of this stuff for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: sea157
Why do all that?
Just launch the drone with Litchi take it to about the height of the mission then just start the mission.
Litchi will take it to the first waypoint and continual on from there.

Reactions: FL AV8R
Yes, you can do that as well.
I am used to the DJIGO4 app for manual flying so its habit/familiarity I guess.

You can do it the FPV way if you want to fly it close to the first Waypoint and then launch the Mission and away you go.

You can also virtual fly the mission by using VLM (Virtual Lichti Mission) and Google Earth on your computer. It often helps to prefly your mission to check heights , distances, obstacles, and camera viewpoint.
Virtual Litchi Mission

Reactions: FL AV8R and Gecko10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ