DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manually Discharging Batteries

"DJI recommend deep-discharging (cycling) every 20 cycles. The Angel deep-discharges drone batteries safely and reliably, at a constant rate of 1C ensuring minimal wear to the batteries." Deep-discharging! no way!! I do this when I fly my drone anyways! LOL... I invented a battery discharger that used a relay. I should take a photo of it and post it! LOL... (for NiCad batteries)
Batteries are an item of consumption, and my priority, like SAR and first responders, is maximum flight time and instant readiness for spontaneous flight, which leaves no time for charging batteries from storage before flight! All this obsession over prolonging battery life is the tail wagging the dog! I don't buy a drone and expect to still be using its original batteries 3 years from now! By then, it's long in the tooth and replaced by DJI's current best offering, requiring entirely different batteries anyway! I "abuse" my batteries as necessary, keeping them at 100% charge whenever possible, and depleting them to under 10% on every flight, and they lose at most 10% of their flight time over their useful life, before the drone is retired, and replaced. DJI batteries are meant to be flown, not stored!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo