DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map Screen Lag, Mini 3 Pro

scottjo2152

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have used my mini 3 pro with both the RC and RC-N1 controller. Both have a two second lag, when viewing the map screen, between the control action and the map update. The video screen does not have that lag. All updates current, happens at all distances and at all flying locations. My flying friends with Mini 3 do not have this issue. Is there any solution or is this just the way it is.

I have used my mini 3 pro with both the RC and RC-N1 controller. Both have a two second lag, when viewing the map screen, between the control action and the map update. The video screen does not have that lag. All updates current, happens at all distances and at all flying locations. My flying friends with Mini 3 do not have this issue. Is there any solution or is this just the way it is.
I found my Rc-N1 pretty snappy with my Iphone 13, but my RC and my Mini 3 Pro is very slow. It's like using a cell phone from 10 years ago. I press a button and wait at least a second for a response. That's caught me a few times thinking it hasn't seen my finger press and I push it again, only to have it pop up. The new RC-N2 seems like it's a lot better. But I'd have to upgrade to a Mini 4 Pro to use it.
Oh well - at least it works - but yeah - it's slow. Why kind of device are you using with the RC-N1?

With the RC-N1 I use an old Samsung S8. And, actually everything is ok except drone controls on the map screen. Screen taps and controls viewed on the photo/video screen are just fine.

With the RC-N1 I use an old Samsung S8. And, actually everything is ok except drone controls on the map screen. Screen taps and controls viewed on the photo/video screen are just fine.
Is the map view update slow when flying or anytime - even offline at home?

Not exactly sure about the question "offline at home". The only delay is when flying and entering flight commands and watching the map screen. At home without the drone on, there are not any commands that would show up. Is that the question?

Not exactly sure about the question "offline at home". The only delay is when flying and entering flight commands and watching the map screen. At home without the drone on, there are not any commands that would show up. Is that the question?
I was wondering if the lag had to do with hot spotting to your phone while flying or if it was faster using your WIFI at home. It just might point in the direction of where the issue was.

Oh, now I think I understand your question. I do not use a WIFI hot spot when flying. Also the delay is the same with the RC controller that does not use a phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne