DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MapPilotPro Saving Missions

Hawkwind

Reactions
I would think this has been discussed somewhere, but I have not used the MapPilotPro app for automated flight. There doesn't appear to be a way to save missions. Is this only for the paid subscription? I cannot seem to find an answer for this. I have used Litchi, DroneDeploy in the past, but am looking at alternatives that will support newer quads for mapping.

I have seen a video about how to save missions, but my iOS app does not show a "Save" icon above the trash bin like the video. Perhaps this is a paid feature?

Looking at this to potentially purchase an Air 2S for mapping...

I would think this has been discussed somewhere, but I have not used the MapPilotPro app for automated flight. There doesn't appear to be a way to save missions. Is this only for the paid subscription? I cannot seem to find an answer for this. I have used Litchi, DroneDeploy in the past, but am looking at alternatives that will support newer quads for mapping.

I have seen a video about how to save missions, but my iOS app does not show a "Save" icon above the trash bin like the video. Perhaps this is a paid feature?

Looking at this to potentially purchase an Air 2S for mapping...
You are better off with a
Phantom Pro her 1 or 2, these have mechanical shutter. The 2S & M2Pro don't have it. Or break the bank and buy a new M3 E with the RTK for $4K +
Sure you can used a 2S with litchi, but for the high accuracy or better jobs this drone is deficient. Is your money

Reactions: Hawkwind
@Alejandro Villegas Thanks. M3E is the next step up I would consider. Something supporting RemoteID and ready supply of batteries.

@Alejandro Villegas Thanks. M3E is the next step up I would consider. Something supporting RemoteID and ready supply of batteries.
Yeah, apply for a B&H payboo card and pay in 12 months no interest, or Adorama credit card as well. You need at least 3 batteries, plus Pix4D subscription. I recommend Mapping course with the Drone U.
On-site in Colorado or at least online, or the Pilot Institute in Az.

No answers on how to save missions in mappilotpro?

Under iOS there are two icons in the upper left corner of the mission planning screen, top icon (a floppy with a downward arrow) is the "save" button. If you're missing the icons I'd try reinstalling the app first. Had to do this with Fly once when behavior became erratic....simple fix. Been mapping with an Air 2 and 2S for well over a year and they do well, although sometimes I'll bump to iso 200 so I can increase shutter speed. Keeping shutter speed above 1/500, 375 ft. altitude, at maximum speed of 22 mph for the Air 2 (used to get faster speeds) and the detail in the jpegs is plenty for use with MME or WebODM and GCPs. It might not be the ideal app/drone combination but it works well as long as you steer clear of corrugated steel roofing. Get all types of processing errors with steel roofs on the stitching, the drone photos are fine.

PS - The 12mp resolution of the Air 2 actually works better than processing at 1/2 resolution of the 20MP of the 2S (obviously) if you're using MME as they base your processing on input pixels. If you're doing the pay as you go points option with MME it significantly reduces the overhead on purchased points, especially if you're doing large maps. The few times I processed at full resolution using the 2S it resulted in a 2+GB Geo-Tiff without much improvement in overall image quality and took longer to process outputting to a deliverable JPG. Using the Air 2 for mapping larger parcels and keep the 2S for smaller (< 40 acre) maps - been a decent workflow. Thought about adding a Phantom for the mechanical shutter but if planning to go that route the RTK is the right drone for mapping.....or the M3E if budget allows.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne