DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maps disappeared after ios app update

JJ-Norfolk

Reactions
I updated the DJI Go4 ios app yesterday following an app store update prompt. After installing the update the map/satellite view within the app disappeared. The prompts were there to enable switching between traditional map view and satellite etc but there was just a dark, blank box where the maps should be. It was the same story whether full screen or minimised. The maps appeared when reviewing flight records but not within the 'live' part of the app.

I checked that I was allowing my iPad to share my location (toggled it off and back on again). I toggled 'cache maps' off and back on too. Forced a close of the app and re-opened without improvement. In the end I deleted and reinstalled the app (after syncing flight records). Now the maps and satellite view are back and all appears fine.

Anyone else experienced this?

But you have now Offline Map function - DO NOT need any cashed maps anymore!

upload_2017-8-3_14-14-35.png

A killer function for International Travelers!

Sorry, My bad.
I have not checked on my iPad.

Last edited:
I updated the DJI Go4 ios app yesterday following an app store update prompt. After installing the update the map/satellite view within the app disappeared. The prompts were there to enable switching between traditional map view and satellite etc but there was just a dark, blank box where the maps should be. It was the same story whether full screen or minimised. The maps appeared when reviewing flight records but not within the 'live' part of the app.

I checked that I was allowing my iPad to share my location (toggled it off and back on again). I toggled 'cache maps' off and back on too. Forced a close of the app and re-opened without improvement. In the end I deleted and reinstalled the app (after syncing flight records). Now the maps and satellite view are back and all appears fine.

Anyone else experienced this?

Same problem here. I could NOT get my maps to cooperate yesterday with Wi-Fi on or off. Cache or no cache.

Thanks maximeeso. Glad to hear someone else has experienced the same issue. I was fairly relaxed about it throughout because I thought it likely that reinstalling the app would resolve the problem (which it did). I successfully downloaded the app to my iPhone and it was fine. But I find the iPhone screen too small and much prefer the iPad's screen size.

Reactions: MKAL
Nice idea, but too much bouncing around. Made me dizzy trying to follow it. Thanks, though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato