DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew props/Vibration

Basically, as I understand it is the gain works like an amplifier for the IMU. The higher the gain is set the more sensitive it becomes. What goes against the conventional wisdom is that 100 is not the perfect setting. Lower the gain to 80-85 with the MAS props. The pitch is different than the one that DJI uses therefore you have to adjust the sensitivity for vibration and pitching.
Pretty much correct - What you have to remember is that the Mavic is inherently unstable, and uses a series of feedback loops to drive the motors to keep it steady as it tries to drift in 3 dimensions. With more efficient prop's (i.e. the MAS prop's), the feedback will cause over-compensation - so rather than bringing it back to level, it will be slightly over, then that will force a compensation in the other direction - again slightly over etc. etc. - which causes the vibration which usually appears as gimbal shake. Reducing the Gain (sensitivity) of the feedback compensates for having the more efficient prop's.

I realize this is an old thread, but I do have an update.

I previously blamed the MA props for harmonic damage to my front legs on the MPP. I'm here to say I was wrong... I found that no matter which props I use (MA's or DJI 8331), my front landing legs eventually crack due to vibration. I blame the harmonic mass of the leg extensions. After replacing my front legs, my solution is just stop using the leg extensions and get over it!

I realize this is an old thread, but I do have an update.

I previously blamed the MA props for harmonic damage to my front legs on the MPP. I'm here to say I was wrong... I found that no matter which props I use (MA's or DJI 8331), my front landing legs eventually crack due to vibration. I blame the harmonic mass of the leg extensions. After replacing my front legs, my solution is just stop using the leg extensions and get over it!
Thanks for the update ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS