DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Props vs DJI oem for Mavic 2? Your experience?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I caught some questions regarding Master Airscrew props in another thread and didn't want to hijack it. I've got a set of these in my Amazon "save for later' bin as they looked interesting. I've had a M2 Pro for few (several?) weeks now and still have the original props on and have a full set of 4 replacements on hand. The MAS props look very interesting, especially with some neat colors. Should I need to replace a set, are there reasons that I should or should not use the MAS props instead of the DJI props?

Most report no issues or problems. I bought two sets when they came out. I had issues with the copter twitching and not hovering smoothly with both sets. I pretty much wrote it off to the fact that I had customized my EXP and sensitivity values to my liking, and these settings did not work with these props. I switched back to stock and that was it.

i have a set for my MPP in the bright orange colour,no issues during flight with vibrations ,it does not say that the gains need adjusting if you use the MA props noticed a slightly different sound with the MA props but the flight itself was for me not really different to the OEM props, only thing i noticed with the MA props, is that the tip of the props is very thin and is easily damaged if not kept in the prop bag that came with them

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
Should I need to replace a set, are there reasons that I should or should not use the MAS props instead of the DJI props?
I like them for their color and similar cost. The sound different, seem to fly the same. I'm on my second set of them, but have spares...
You will find all variety of chatter here regarding them - just use the "Search" function.

621872835.936607public.JPG

I caught some questions regarding Master Airscrew props in another thread and didn't want to hijack it. I've got a set of these in my Amazon "save for later' bin as they looked interesting. I've had a M2 Pro for few (several?) weeks now and still have the original props on and have a full set of 4 replacements on hand. The MAS props look very interesting, especially with some neat colors. Should I need to replace a set, are there reasons that I should or should not use the MAS props instead of the DJI props?
They work fine no issues. They seem a bit quieter but no by too much.

My experience is that they fly the same, a little different noise, look cool BUT they are not as durable as the OEM props. They are thin and are easily damaged if you do anything "stupid" like land in an area that has small blades "weeds" that can come in contact with the props. Don't ask how I know this.

My experience is that they fly the same, a little different noise, look cool BUT they are not as durable as the OEM props. They are thin and are easily damaged if you do anything "stupid" like land in an area that has small blades "weeds" that can come in contact with the props. Don't ask how I know this.
I mow the lawn from time to time myself.

i have a set for my MPP in the bright orange colour,no issues during flight with vibrations ,it does not say that the gains need adjusting if you use the MA props noticed a slightly different sound with the MA props but the flight itself was for me not really different to the OEM props, only thing i noticed with the MA props, is that the tip of the props is very thin and is easily damaged if not kept in the prop bag that came with them

Same here - love the orange ones!

Reactions: old man mavic
I have several sets, flown many hours, stable flight, reduced noise profile ... nothing bad to say about them at all and would highly recommend them. My Mavic 2 Pro is more enjoyable to fly and the noise reduction is amazing.

I have been using MAS props (the orange ones) on my M2Z for some time with great success. I probably have a couple dozen flights on them. They do have a lower perceived sound level in my opinion. The finish on mine was totally fine. Just another data point for the discussion.

I concur the post above been flying them for about 3 months now. I can hear a lower profile on sound and they fly fine and quality is what I would expect from MAS. M2Z owner BTW.

I have been using MAS props (the orange ones) on my M2Z for some time with great success. I probably have a couple dozen flights on them. They do have a lower perceived sound level in my opinion. The finish on mine was totally fine. Just another data point for the discussion.
I get you. The point I was trying to make was that the investment in the MAS props has got to be the full set, plus spares as the MAS and DJI props are not interchangeable. You need to have 4 MAS props or 4 DJI props because the rotational and upward force on all four props must be the same. So if you damage a MAS (or DJI) prop it must be replaced by the same one, to maintain a matched set. I can see outfitting one's self with a full set plus spares if you feel that there might be enough increased performance to support the investment. Can you imagine what the profit margin must be on props????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851