DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master AirScrews Replacement Issue

CorralesDan

Reactions
I just received the new Master Airscrews propellers for the Mini 2. I easily replaced 3 props, but when I got to the fourth, I can't get the screw out of the DJI propeller. I tried everything I know, but it won't budge and I worry about stripping the screw head. I finally put the DJI props back on, did a test flight and everything is fine.

Before contacting DJI, I thought I would see if anyone here has a suggestion I haven't thought of, which is possible.

Thanks, Dan

One possibility may to run the aircraft for a full flight. Motor will then be at its highest temperature. Try the screw when it’s hot.
Starz, that sounded like a good possibility. I flew it this morning until the low battery warning came on. I immediately turned it over and tried to remove the screw. Still stuck. Thanks anyway.

@CorralesDan I, too, had some difficulty removing a couple of the blades when I installed the MAS stealth props. I was using the screwdriver MAS supplied and was concerned that I'd end up stripping the head. So I then used the 'driver that came with the 'fly more' package and it seemed to fit the DJI screws better. I got them all off.

BTW I've flown the AC about an hour now with the MAS props and don't really notice a sound level difference.

Starz, thanks. I checked Amazon. I'm not sure I have seen a set with an extractor small enough for these propeller screws. They're pretty small.

Start putting a drop of penetrating oil on that screw daily and then try it again.
It worked. I put some penetrating oil on the screw edge for three days. I was careful to put the oil onto a cotton swab to apply to the screw edge so the oil wouldn't get down into the rotor. I appreciate the suggestion.

I stopped flying these props. They changed something on them. The first series that came out were really good, but not any more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC